Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State has approved the discharge of seven (7) Prisoners Serving various jail terms across the state in the spirit of the new year 2016.
The governor’s decision was based on the recommendations of the state Advisory Committee on Prerogative of mercy and the powers conferred on him by section 212 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1999.
The Prisoners that benefited from the gesture are as follows:
- Toryima Aka’a – Wukari Prison
- Sarki Azetu – Serti Prison
- Amos Akila – Jalingo Prison
- Elisha Emmanuel – Jalingo Prison
- Abubakar Mohammed Wukari Prison
- Beki Usman – Wukari Prison
- Ahangba Igba – Wukari Prison
Hassan Mijinyawa, MCIPR
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor