His Excellency, Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku has inaugurated the Governing boards of Taraba State Polythenic, Suntai and College of Education, Zing.
The Deputy Governor, Engr. Haruna Manu who represented the Governor at the inauguration ceremony, stressed that the two tertiary Institutions have in the past contributed immensely to the progress of the state in areas of educational advancement in State.
He said the Institutions, however, need to do more by re-strategizing in line with modern trends worldwide in the training of professional Teachers to improve education.
“This administration recognizes that education is the bedrock of all modern societies, therefore, if we must develop as a people, premium attention must be given to the sector, in terms of investment in manpower and infrastructure.”
“After a painstaking process, these eminent Tarabans, who have distinguished themselves in various fields, professions and callings were selected to serve on the Boards of these two foremost Institutions.”
Taraba State Polytechnic, Suntai
1. Mrs. Lydia Ambitumi – Chairman
2. Prof. Joseph Sule Rishante – Member
3. Dr. Ejika Sambo – Member
4. Pastor Ayuba Bello Kari – Member
5. Hon. Christopher Bako – Member
6. Ambassador Musa John – Member
College of Education, Zing
1. Sen. Zik A. Sunday – Chairman
2. Engr. Polycarp Mammas – Member
3. Arc. Sunji Ali Ambizenkya – Member
4. Barr. Abdulkarim Bakari – Member
5. Mr. Daniel Emmanuel Angyu – Member
Engr. Manu reiterates the determination of this adminstration to invest more in education and promised to give education its rightful place in the scheme of affairs in the State.