His Excellency, The Executive Governor of Taraba State, Dr. Agbu Kefas has approved the constitution of a Nine (9) man Committee to Review the activities of
the dissolved Boards/Commissions and Governing Councils in Taraba State from 2019 to 2023.
This was contained in a press releaese signed by the Secretary to the Government of the State, Barr. GT Kataps.
It states that the Taraba State Auditor-General, Mr. Polycarp Iranius is to serve as Chairman of the committee and listed the other members of the committee as follows;
1. Dr. Gangum Ahmed Williams – Member
(Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Rural and Community Development)
2. Mallam Adullahi M. Sanusi – Member
3. Mrs. Fatima T. Yusuf – Member
(Retired Director, Social Mobilization)
4. Mr. Obadiah T. Ipeyen – Member
5. Mr. Livinus Jesse Ayih – Member
(Taraba State university)
6. Professor Nicholas Nyemise – Member
7. Mallam Kefas N. Saleh – Member
8. Mr. Genesis Kwantar
(Permanent Secretary, Establishment and Record)
It states that the term of reference includes the underlisted;
1. To determine the performance of all the Boards/Commissions and the inflows/outflows Of funds Of the Board/Commissions.
2. To determine the performance Of the Boards/Commissions in terms Of service delivery as it affects such Boards/Commissions in the interest Of the state.
3. To determine the performance of the Boards/Commissions and its performance indexes, negative or positive as it affects the various zones and components of the state.
4. To suggest to the government how best to reorganize such Boards/Commissions in order to function optimally and achieve its set objectives in the best interest of the state.
5. To determine if necessary to improve or retain the remuneration of members Of Boards/Commissions to achieve maximum performance.
6. To suggest the cost of it funding if any, and other advise to improve these Boards/Commissions.
7. To investigate/review performance of the consultants on payroll management of the state (Starterpoint) to determine whether or not its performance meets the required standard and to advice the government.
It states that the Committee has twenty-one (21) days to submit its report