Ministry of Budget and PlanningClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Budget and Planning ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Taraba State, was established on the 27th of August 1991. The Ministry is currently headed by Dr. David Ishaya Kassa as the Honourable Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
The Ministry was created primarily for the following functions:
- Advise Government on Agricultural matters.
- Implement Agricultural Development Projects/Programs on behalf of the Government.
- Provision of Farm Inputs.
- Agricultural Extension Work and Farmer Education.
- Preservation, Storage, Quality Control and Marketing of Agricultural Produce.
- Quality Control of Farm Produce to meet International Grades and Standards.
- Implementation of State Buffer Stock Programme.
- Pest Control Services.
- Agricultural Credit Administration.
- Agro Data Collection, Collation and Dissemination.
- Agricultural Mechanization.
- Agricultural Land Protection and Management.
- Promote Cultivation and Varietal Improvement of Crop.
- Promote Livestock Development and Veterinary Services.
- Manpower Development and Capacity Building.
Achievements of the Ministry
The Ministry has achieved a lot since its inception, amongst these are few notable ones worth mentioning:
- Delivering 32,678MT of assorted fertiliser to 326,783 farmers.
- Purchase 1,200MT of Grains for the State
- Buffer Stock Programme.
- Established an Industrial Cotton Grinding Centre in Kurmi Local Government Area.
- Paid Counterpart Funds to FADAMA 2 (5,902,260). FADAMA 3 (46,400,000), and IFAD (37,000,000).
- Achieved 31.6% Recovery on the One Billion naira Commercial Loan.
- Procured 34ND assorted tractors and implements.
- Procured 20 million naira worth of assorted tractor spare parts.
- Procured 2ND heavy Truck heads and 2ND low beds and backup pair.
- The ongoing construction of the Jalingo Abattoir.
- The Jalingo Green House Project.
- Won first prize for Best Tuber captured fish and the overall 3rd best position during the last National Agriculture show in Abuja 2014.
Agencies Under the Ministry
In order to achieve these functions effectively, the Ministry has five Agencies namely:
- Taraba Agricultural Development Programme.
- Tractor Hiring Unit.
- Fadama 3 Development Programme
- College of Agriculture.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
The Honorable Commissioner
Hon. Elisha began his educational pursuit at Mohammed Nya Primary School, Jalingo from 1984 – 1989 and enrolled into Government Science Secondary School, Jalingo from 1990 – 1995. He later proceeded to Federal University of Technology, Yola (now Modibbo Adama University of Technology) where he obtained his Diploma in Information and Technology and enrolled into National Open University of Nigeria where he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Economics from 2015 – 2019.
His professional achievements include;
– Associate Chartered Economics (ACE)
His other achievements include;
– Recipient of the Nigerian Centenary Award of Excellence by the Taraba state Government in 2014.
Workshops attended include;
– Capacity Building Workshop by World Bank Institute and British Council in 2004.
– Youth Leadership and Conflict Management Capacity Building Workshop by the Federal Ministry of Youth Development in 2007.
– Training on legislative procedures by the African Leadership Forum Otta, Ogun state in 2012.
His political appointments include;
– Special Adviser to Kurmi L.G.A Council Chairman in 2006.
– Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Youth and Sports Development from 2016 – 2018.
– Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Development from 2018 – 2019.
– Honorable Commissioner of Budget and Planning, 2019.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
Information Coming Soon
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Mr. Tanko Orume |
|2.||Mr. Fidelis Bonjoru |
|3.||Hon. Danbaba Danfulani Suntai (Late) |
|4.||Mr. Yohanna Bitrus |
|5.||Alhaji Habu Sani|
|6.||Mr. Babale Maikidi |
|7.||Mr. Aboki Ali |
|8.||Mr. Joseph Machoko |
|9.||Alhaji Usman Kona|