Taraba State Polytechnic - SuntaiClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page information about the Polytechnic, functions of the Polytechnic, Profile of the Rector and table showing the list of prvious Rectors of the Polytechnic.
About the Polytechnic
The Taraba State Polytechnic was established in the year 1994. The Taraba State Polytechnic is currently headed by Builder Ayuba J. Abershi as Rector.
Functions of the Polytechnic
The functions of the Taraba State Polytechnic include;
- To train skillful, knowledgeable, industries & technological manpower needed for sustainable development
- To provide an advance technological and innovative environment, for Excellence in the acquisition of Technical, Managerial and entrepreneurial Skill for the development of individuals and the Society.
Achievements of the Polytechnic
The achievements of the Taraba State Polytechnic include;
- Actualizing the morning briefing by management members.
- Re – embarking of Bi – monthly sanitation.
- Completion of 600 capacity auditorium (Suntai).
- Completion of 6 block of 3 class room (Suntai)
- Completion of directorate of academic planning with external work.
- Completion of library complex ( Suntai ).
- Construction of School of engineering complex – Ongoing at Jalingo campus.
- Procurement of various office and lectures halls furniture and equipment.
- Completion of fabrication of 3 no equipment like – Jaw cruistor; re – cycling plant and pilot scale Bio – Gas
- Setting up of FM transmitting station.
- Setting up of polytechnic restaurant.
- Completion of two – Journals : Journal of innovative research and sustainable development.
Setting up of block moulding industry.
List of Current Leaders
- Amos Agbu (Deputy Rector Admin).
- Mr. Joseph Ibrahim (Deputy Rector Academic).
- Mr. Ignatius I. Jellason (Registrar).
- Mr. Samuel K. Abel (Ag. Bursar).
- Arc. Samuel R. Ishaya (Director Works).
- Mrs. Hassana Aji Danglas (Librarian).
- Mr. Paul P. Notani (Dean SBAS).
- Mrs. Tani D. Yaval (Dean SOE).
- Josiah Y. Angye (Dean SABS).
Builder Ayuba Ibrahim Abarshi, the Rector Taraba state polytechnic was born on 04 oct.1964, and he hails from Takum LGA.
He is married with four Children. He likes reading, hand ball, table tennis and research.
Builder Ayuba began his educational pursuit at L.E.A Sabon Geri Zaria from 1972-1978, where he enrolled in to Government secondary school Zaria between 1978-1980, he also went to Government technical college Malali between 1980-1983, he proceeded to Kaduna polytechnic for his National Diploma between 1983-1986, he proceeded for his HND in Building between 1988-1990, he later want for his PGB in technical education between 2000-2001, he later proceeded to FUTY (now MAUTECH) for his M.Tech. where he read Industrial tech, also he went ahead for his PHD in view between 2010-Date.
- SIWES coordinator.
- Head of department of civil engineering.
- Liaising coordinator of NCE technical programmer.
- Dean School of Engineering.
- Director management information system.
- Deputy Rector Academics.
- Supervision of design & construction of Nigerian coat of Arms using reinforce concrete.
- Supervision of design & construction of underground water reservoir in Taraba state polytechnic.
- Supervision of design & construction of urinal structured in Taraba state polytechnic and others.
- Best department student.
- Fellow institute of industrialists & corporate administrators.
- Associate member Nig. Institute of Building.
- Member Teachers registration council.
- Member ASUP Journal committee.
- A 5-days workshop on training; evaluation & assessment – Accra Ghana.
- Advanced digital appreciation programmed for tertiary institutions.
- Skills development & entrepreneurship in the construction industry.
- Building industry & national Economy development, Edo state.
- 2-days national workshop on quality assurance for polytechnic & similar tertiary institution in Nigeria with the theme; internal quality assurance.
- Member committee on higher edu.production in Taraba state.
- Member committee on account probing of academic staff cooperative society of Taraba state polytechnic.
- Member committee on identification on revenues in Taraba state WAEC committee member.
- Chairman SCRAP committee.
- Member Teachers disciplinary committee.
- Chairman ASUP Journal Taraba state polytechnic.
- Chairman outlets for revenue generation in Taraba state polytechnic.
His Publications are as follows;
- Strategy for recruitment and retention of technical teachers in Taraba state.
- Evaluation of Education trust fund intervention in adamawa and Taraba state.
- Contribution of the student industrial work experience in rebranding Nigeria through VTE.
- Technical Education as viable tool to overcome the economic downturn in Nigeria.
- Strengthening Tec. Col. Electronic Device and Circuits Teachers Curriculum for the Realization of Vision 2020 for National Development.
- VTE: A comprehensive Tool for National Development.
- Demystification of Mathematics Education in Nigeria Secondary Schools: A Case for Mathematics Laboratory.
- VTE: means Achieving Vision 2020 for the Sustainable Youth Empowerment in Taraba State.
- Challenges of VTE in Depressed Economy.
- Gender Imbalance in Technical Education; the Challenges of Socio-Economic in the Northeast of Nigeria.
- Empowering Tech Teachers for Impartation of Entrepreneurship in Technical Colleges.
- Publication a Pathway to Promotion in the Academia and about seven other Papers.
List of Previous Rectors
Past Rectors - Taraba State Polytechnic SuntaiThe Table consists of the list of previous Rectors of the Polytechnic.
|1.||Mr. Daniel D. Mom||2015 – 2019|
|2.||Mr. Gladson D. Sallah||2009 – 2015
|3.||Mal. Yahaya Zubairu||2007 – 2009|
|4.||Dr. A.B.D Zaku ||2005 – 2007|
|5.||Rev. D.M. Ay-y-rey ||2001 – 2005|
|6.||Alh. Sani Usman ||1997 – 2001|
|7.||Dr. Alhassan B. Zaku ||1993 – 1997|