Ministry of FinanceClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Finance ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Finance was established on 27th August, 1991 and is currently headed by Dr. Jesse A. Ashumate as Hon. Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Functions of the Ministry include;
- Advising the State Government on Fiscal Policies.
- Custodian of the State Finances.
- Liaising with Federal Government through the Federal Accounts Allocation
- Committee (FAAC) for Federal Allocation.
Facilitate Loans and Grants as well as Debt serving.
- Procurement of Official vehicles and Stationeries.
- Facilitate Investments and Financial Securities, e.g. Bonds
Controls the State’s Cash Flow.
Achievements of the Ministry
Achievements of the Ministry include;
- Successfully guided the state Government on Fiscal Policies.
- Facilitated State Government Investments.
- Supervised the Allocation of Revenue and Expenditure to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
- Have ensured delivery of Federal Allocations.
- Facilitated Loans and Grants to the State.
Procured assorted vehicles and stationeries for use.
- Managed the State finances.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Agencies under the Ministry include:
- Agency for Community and Social Development (CSDP)
- State Board of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Office of the Accountant General
The Honorable Commissioner
The Honorable Commissioner, Dr. Sarah Enoch Adi.
Profile coming soon.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|1.||Hon. Solomon Elisha (Budget & Planning)||2015 - 2023|
|2.||Dr. Adi Jesse Ashumate (Finance)||2015 - 2023|
|3.||Barr. Emmanuel H. Gowon||-|
|4.||Alh. Salad Shehu Ajuji||-|
|5.||Mr. Illiya D. Wanapiya||-|
|6.||Mr. Rabo Usman||-|
|7.||Mr. Bulus Maiyaki||-|
|8.||Mr. Danladi Baido||23rd Nov 2005 - 4th Jan 2007|
|9.||Alh. Abubakar Tutane||15th Dec 2003 - 23rd Nov 2005|
|10.||Alh. Ahmed Yusuf||22nd Dec 2000 - 29th May 2003|
|11.||Dr. Usman Ardo||20th Oct 1997 - 29th May 1999|
|12.||Mr. Ambumi Zik Sunday||1st Feb 1994 - 20th Oct 1997|
|13.||Alh. Idris Waziri||27th Mar 1993 - 31st Nov 1993|
|14.||Alh. Usman Kona||30th Nov 1992 - 22nd Mar 1993|
|15.||Alh. Ibrahim Kawo||1st Feb 1992 - 23rd Nov 1992|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Habila Jamman ||-|
|2.||Lydia Ambituni ||-|
|3.||Alh. Hassan Adamu ||24th March, 2009 – 31st August, 2010|
|4.||Alh. Adamu M. Gassol||26th July, 2007 – 2010|
|5.||Major Yazella ||26th July, 2005 – 26th July, 2006|
|6.||Asabe Maiangwa ||18th April, 2001 – 26th February, 2004|
|7.||I.I Kifasi ||16th July, 1999 – April, 2001|
|8.||Ibrahim Jauro||16th February – 9th November, 1999
|9.||D.D Elisha||18th February, 1998-29th January, 1999
|10.||Joshua R. Musa||20th October, 1997 – 18th February, 1998|
|11.||D.D Elisha||31st December, 1996 – 20th October, 1997
|12.||Joshua R. Musa||31st November, 1993 – 30th January, 1994
|13.||Joseph Machoco||21st January, 1992 – 31st November, 1993
|14.||Timothy D. Ehi||27th August – 31st December, 1991|