Health Services Management BoardClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page information about the Board, functions/achievements of theBoard, Profile of the Executive Secretary and table showing the list of previous Executive Secretaries.
About the Board
Health Services Management Board, Jalingo was established in August, 1991 and is under the leadership of an Executive Secretary.
Departments in the Board
Departments in the Board include;
- Secretary Office
- Medical Services
- Pharmateutical Services
- Nursing Services
- Laboratory Services
Functions of the Board
Functions of the Board include;
- To manage, control and operate all Government Hospitals in the State.
- To provide information and advice to the State Ministry of Health to facilitate the development of realistic state policies and plans.
- To direct, motivate and control the performance of staff.
- To ensure that progress is in accordance with objectives, targets and that services are provided with efficiency and economy.
- To undertake the general Maintenance and minor Services of Hospitals, Dental centres, Clinics etc.
- To ensure uniformity of condition of Services throughout the State and compatibility with Federal Government policies.
Achievements of the Board
Below are the achievements of the Board;
- Adequate Provision of Health Care Delivery Services across the State.
- Regular promotion of Staff.
- Adequate Supervision of Hospitals in the State.
- Adequate Staff Welfare.
- Training and re-training of staff.
The Executive Secretary
Dr. Madaki Micah Musa, the Executive Secretary, Health Services Management Board was born on the 22nd November 1963 and hails from Takum L.G.A. He is married with four children.
Dr. Madaki began his educational pursuit at Takum East primary school from 1971-1977, where he enrolled in to Sakato Government Secondary School Numan between 1977-1982 and proceeded to University of Maiduguri between 1982-1989.
Head of various government hospitals including Specialist Hospital, Jalingo and General Hospitals of Banbur and Zing.
- Director Medical Services.
- State Coordinator HIV/AIDS.
- Programmer (Ministry of Health). 2001 – 2012.
- Head of Medical Team to Israel on Christian Pilgrimage.
- Strategic Health Management Course. Sept – 2013 in London.
- Use of anti-retroviral therapy in recourse limited setting mild May – Uganda Oct. 2002.
- Managing procurement and logistics of HIV/AIDS drugs – World Bank Abuja. June 2005.
- Global funding training on HIV/AIDS Lagos. March 2007.
- Training of Doctors on essential obstetric care unit-Jos, 2009.
– Executive Secretary, Health Service Management Board.
He likes reading, travelling, playing games (Table Tennis).
List of Previous ES
|1.||Pharm. Paninga Billeya James ||2013-2014|
|2.||Pharm. Imam Ibrahim ||2012-2013|
|3.||Dr. Sale Aji ||2006-2012|
|4.||Dr. Siman D. Ambita ||2005-2006|
|5.||Pharm. Ifraimu Ikifasi ||2003-2005|
|6.|| Mr. Linus D. Ibrahim ||2001-2003|
|7.||Dr. Hammid B. Mohammed ||1992-2001|
|8.||Alh. Mohammed Tutur Dete||1991-1992|