[fusion_builder_container background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”50px” padding_bottom=”80px” padding_left=”11.25%” padding_right=”11.25%” hundred_percent=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”none” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]
Click on each Content to view Details
[/fusion_title][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_accordion divider_line=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_toggle title=”About Ministry” open=”no”]The Ministry of Youth and Sports was established on the 2nd of July, 2004 and is currently under the leadership of Pastor Gambo Ude Indafo as Commissioner and Alhaji Abubakar M. Dayama as the Permanent Secretary.
Taraba State Sports Council (TSC) is an Agency under the Ministry.
Functions of the Ministry
Functions of the Ministry include;
- It mobilises, coordinates, monitors and supervises the participation of youths in activities at the Federal, State and Local Government Levels.
- Registers voluntary organisations and gives grants to those who have designed activities.
- Coordinates the activities of the State National Youth service Corp (NYSC) and serve as Chairman/member of the governing board of the NYSC.
- Designs, organises state/National youth programmes e.g Youth summit, seminars, conferences, workshops and training.
- Design/implement activities, programmes and projects aimed at Youth empowerment.
- Promotes Sports development/ sporting activities generally across the state and particularly among the youths.
- Promotes activities and programmes geared towards imparting good conduct, good behaviour, leadership qualities etc in the state.
- Coordinates activities of all youth organisations in the state.
Achievements of the Ministry:
Achievements of the Ministry include;
- Construction of an Ultra-Modern Stadium (Jolly Nyame Stadium, Jalingo).
- Established a data bank of unemployed youths in the state.
- Hosted the first state youth holiday camping in the state.
- Hosted the first International Youth Week/Youth Day celebration in the state.
- In collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Youth, trained some youths in skills acquisition/empowered them to start their own businesses.
- F.C. Taraba was promoted to play and participate in the prestigious Premier League in 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 league seasons.
- Taraba Queens F.C was also promoted and participated in the Premier League in 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 league seasons.
- Two Tarabans emerged Continental Champions in Africa in Badminton/Lawn Tennis.
- Two Tarabans represented Africa at International competitions in Badminton/Lawn Tennis.
- Five F.C Taraba players were taken to Europe and have secured clubs.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Commissioner” open=”no”]
The Hon. Commissioner
Hon. Pst. Gambo Ude Indafo, the Hon. Commissioner of the Ministry was born on the 11th February, 1968 and hails from Donga Local Government Area. He is married with four (4) children.
Pst. Gambo started his educational career at Gayama Primary School from 1977-1983 where he proceeded to Government Secondary School, Bali from 1984-1988 and further enrolled in the University of Calabar from 2008-2012.
He received a Letter of Commendation in 2009 and is a member of Nigerian Association of Social Workers in 2003.
His other achievements include;
- A Circulation Manager (Editorial Board) student union (FSSWE) in 1998.
- Secretary General, Student Union (FSSWE) in 1999.
- Ibbi Local Government Hon. Abubakar Danmasani’s Cup in 2007.
He attended a one-day workshop on programme of events of the Nigeria Association of Social Workers (NASOW), Taraba state chapter, during the National President’s visit and the Inaugural Ceremony of the Local organizing Committee (LOC) of Annual General Meeting (AGM) tagged ‘Jalingo 2007’.
He has also written a Magazine known as;
- ‘The Mirror of Social Work is Annual, a Student’s Magazine and this is the 10th
- Today’s youth in Today’s Societies- 1998 (FSSWE).
He enjoys Preaching and Reading of Novel etc.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Permanent Secretary” open=”no”]
The Permanent Secretary
Alhaji Abubakar M. Dayama, the Permanent Secretary with the Ministry was born on 17th October, 1960 and hails from Ardo-Kola Local Government Area. He is married with two (2) children.
Alh. Dayama started his educational career at Muhammed Nya Primary School from 1968-1974 where he proceeded to Comprehensive Government Secondary School in 1979 and further enrolled into College of Education, Jalingo and Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto in 1984 and 1990 respectively.
He attended the following workshops;
- Human Resource Management and Development from 14th-16th September, 2000.
- Administration of Public School, 4th-8th May, 1998.
- School Based Planning, Budgeting and Project Management from 30th October-1st November, 2001.
Alh. Dayama also held a Political appointment as Secretary, Primary Education Board.
He enjoys Lawn Tennis.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Secretary” open=”no”]
Mr. Dauda Moses Maikomo, Director, administration/Secretary of the Ministry, hails from Bali Local Government Area. He is married with two (2) children.
He began his educational career at Hammawa Primary School, Yola from 1980-1986 after which he gained admission into Yelwa Government Secondary School, Yola and Gen. Murtala Moh’d College, Yola from 1986-1989 and 1989-1992 respectively. He there after proceeded to A.B.U, Zaria from 1993-1998 where he obtained his B.Sc. Hons. And Federal University of Technology, Yola from 2011-2014 where he obtained his MPA.
His Professional achievements include;
- Institute of Professional Managers and Administration of Nigeria (IPMA), 2013-Date (Fellow).
- Institute for Public Diplomacy and Management (IPDM), 2012-Date (Member).
- Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), 2011 ASCONIAN/ALUMNI.
He also received the Goodwill Ambassador, National Youth Council of Nigeria.
He has attended the following workshops;
- Work ethics and productivity improvement workshop by ITF-September, 2011.
- General Management Course (GMC) Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON) 2011 (November)
- Skills Development Course for Administration and Personnel Officers, November, 2014 by ITF.
He was appointed Director Protocol, Office of the Deputy Governor, Taraba state, 2004-2010.
Mr. Maikomo has the following Publications to his name;
- Decentralization of Power at Local Government Level “A case study of Bali Local Government Area, Taraba state”.
- Evaluation of Public Employer’s Performance in Bali Local Government Council of Taraba state.
- The Role and Duties of Youth in Nation Building; A column in Gist Xtra Magazine.
He enjoys reading, writing, and travelling and community development.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Directors” open=”no”]
|Mr. Dauda M. Maikomo||Administration/ Secretary|
|Mr. Pyinyang D. M. Atein||Youth Mobilization/Training|
|Mrs. Margret B. Yakubu||Youth Organization/ Management|
|Mr. Levi A. Kangla||Dep. Dir. Planning, Research and Statistics|
|Mal. Zakkari Mohammed||Ag. Dir. Sports Development|
|Mr. Peter I. Kibire||Ag. Dir. Sports Facilities/Management|
|Mr. Charles Kappe||Finance|
|Mr. Sale Usman Danladi||Procurement|
Director – Youth Organization Management
Mrs Margret Yakubu Bulus is the Director, Youth Organization Management in the Ministry. She was born on 27th December, 1960 and hails from Yangtu Development Area. She is married with four (4) children.
Mrs Yakubu started her educational career at N.K.S.T Primary School, Aguji-Mkar, Gboko from 1968-1974 where she enrolled into Marmara Government Secondary School, Wukari from 1974-1979 after which she proceeded to School of Nursing, Mkar-Gboko, Benue state from 1980-1983. She also attended School of Midwifery, Yola, Adamawa state from 1990-1991 and gained admission in the University of Jos where she studied from 1998-1999 and 2001-2005 respectively.
Mrs Margret attended the following workshops;
1. Developing a Strategic framework for the Implementation of the Rescue Agenda (State Development Plan), 2015-date.
2. Camp Coordination and Camp Management Training by UNHCR (The UN Refugee Agency)-2015.
3. Planning for a successful retirement organised by ASCSU-2013
4. Gender equality, Human Rights and Advocacy Skills, organised by GECHAN and UNIFEM capacity building-2008.
5. Nigerian Association of Social Workers: Effect of Global Economy on Social Work Practice, Education and Research Issues and Alternatives.
She enjoys Sporting, Cooking and Reading.
Director – Youth Mobilization and Training
Mr Pyinyang Danjuma Mamki Atein, the Director, Youth Mobilization and Training, was born on 4th April, 1960 and hails from Takum Local Government Area. He is married with five (5) children.
He started his educational career at L.E.A Primary School, Kwambai in 1972 after which he enrolled at Wukari Division Combined Secondary School (now Reformed Combined Secondary School), Takum in 1980. He furthered his studies to College of Preliminary Studies, Yola and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1982 and 1985.
He has attended the following workshops;
1. Work Ethics and Productivity Improvement.
2. Understanding Procurement Planning Principles.
3. Control of HIV in Taraba state.
He enjoys reading.
Acting Director – Sports Development
Mr Zakari Mohammed, an Acting Director, Sports Development, was born on 4th May, 1963 and hails from Zing Local Government Area. He is married with four (4) children.
Mr. Zakari began his educational career at Monkin Primary School, Zing from 1971-1978 after which he enrolled into Government Secondary School, Zing from 1978-1983 and thereafter proceeded to University of Calabar from 2000-2002, Federal University of Technology, 2010-2011, Taraba state Polytechnic from 2012-2013 and Adamawa State Polytechnic from 1993-1994.
He enjoys Sports, Reading and Traveling.
Director – Finance
Mr Charles Godfrey Kappe, the Director, Finance in the Ministry, was born on 23rd December, 1960. He hails from Karim-Lamido Local Government Area and is married with five (5) children.
Mr. Charles began his educational career at Bambur Primary School, Karim-Lamido from 1969-1975 where he proceeded to Biu Community Secondary School, Borno State from 1975-1980. He then enrolled into Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola from 2012 till date.
He enjoys Drama, Reading and Tourism.
Director – Sports Facilities
Mr Kibire Peter Iliya, the Director, Sports Facilities in the Ministry hails from Lau Local Government Area. He was born on the 24th April, 1963 and is married with four (4) children.
Mr Kibire started his educational career at Abbare Primary School in 1979 and proceeded to Government Science Secondary School, Ganye in 1986, Government Secondary School, Ibbi in 2003 and Ansar-Ud-Deen College, Maiduguri in 2006. He attended Staff Development Institute, Numan in 1992, University of Maiduguri in 1995, University of Maiduguri in 2007 and Adamawa state Polytechnic, Yola in 2008.
He received an award as the Best student of Graduating Class in the University of Maiduguri.
Mr Kibire enjoys singing and reading.
Director – Procurement
Alhaji Sale Usman Danladi, the Director of Procurement in the Ministry was born on 23rd September 1963 and hails from Jalingo Local Government Area. He is married with three (3) children.
He began his educational career at Hassan Primary School, Jalingo from 1970-1977 where he proceeded to Government Secondary School, Jalingo from 1977-1982. He later enrolled into Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi where he obtained a Masters’ Degree in Entrepreneurship and Business Development in 2015.
He enjoys Badminton.
Director – Sports Council
Mrs Yosie Daniel Ayuba, the Director, Sports Council was born on 18th April 1965. She hails from Zing Local Government Area and is married with four (4) children.
Mrs Yosie began her educational career at Ibrahim Sambo Primary School, Zing from 1972-1979 and proceeded to Government Teachers’ College, Jalingo from 1980-1985. She later enrolled at the College of Education, Hong in 1990, National Institute of Sports, Lagos in 1996 and Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola from 2010-2013 where she obtained the following qualifications; NCE, AD Mgt. in Sports, and B. Ed. Mgt. and Planning.
Her other achievements include;
Taraba Table-tennis won a trophy at Bauchi championship-2013, Athletics U-17 at Zonal championship, Gombe.
Two (2) trophies and Medals, September-2013.
Basketball female Team 2015 3pt shootout championship u-18 girls and 3×3 Tour Zone 3 Most Valuable Player.
National Sports Commission, Northeast Zone (IxII), Gombe Zonal U-17 Athletics (Track and Field) championship and Half-Marathon (2km) race from 24th-28th September 2013. Taraba state team won the Trophy with Medals and Certificates for the Athletes.
She also attended the following workshops;
1. National Sports Council Commission Anti-Doping workshop for National coaches/Technical Directors held in Abuja from 17th-18th April 2013.
2. House of Representatives Committee on Sports Development (2-day Conference on Sports Development) from 2nd-rd October 2013.
Mrs Yosie enjoys Sporting, Music and Traveling.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Commissioners” open=”no”]
|Mr. Sadiq Nuhu Bullow||2014-2015|
|Alh. Abdulhadi H. Lau||2011-2014|
|Alh. Danladi M. Gwampo||2007-2011|
|Alh. Tukur Lamido||2004-2007|
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Permanent Secretaries” open=”no”]
|Mal. Husseini A. Modibo||2011-2015|
|Mr. Augustine Saumam||2010-2011|
|Alh. Habu Sani Kona||2008-2010|
|Alh. Ayuba Zakku||2006-2008|
|Mr. Cletus Wui||2005-2006|
|Alh. Tanimu Gado||2004-2005|
[/fusion_toggle][/fusion_accordion][fusion_separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=”” sep_color=”” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”” class=”” id=””/][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]