Sports CouncilClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page contains information about the Council, functions/achievements of the Council, Profile of the Director of Sports and table showing the list of previous Directors of Sport.
About Sport Council
Taraba State Sports Coucil was established on 1st September, 1991 and is under the leadership of a Director of Sports.
Functions of the Agency
The functions of the Department include;
- Grassroot Sports Development.
- Control of all Sporting activities in the State and Nation at large.
- Coordinate National activities in the State.
- Organize State festivals.
- Coordinate Local Government Sporting activities.
- Train Athletes for National and International programmes.
- Scout and harness talents into the various Sporting fields.
- Produce Coaches and Secretaries who will handle the Association both at Local Government, State and National Bodies in the various games.
- Train and retrain Sports Administrators for the State and Nation.
The Director of Sports
Information coming soon.
List of Previous Directors of Sport
Past leadership of the Council are listed in the table below;
|1.||Mr. Dauda Mamman||14th October, 2005-2013
|2.||Mallam Bulus Hussaini||12th April, 2001-2005
|3.||Mallam Hassan Adamu||1st September, 1991-2001|