Fadama ProgrammeClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page contains information about the programme, its functions, the leadership, profile of the Head of the Agency and tables showing the list of previous and current Head of the Agency.
About Fadama Programme
The Taraba state fadama offices was established on March, 2004 and is currently headed by Mrs. Regina B. Festus.
Functions of Fadama Coordination Office
- To increase the incomes of fadama land and water resources users on a sustainable manner.
- Help reduce rural poverty of increase food security and contribute to the achievement of MDG.
- Institutional and social development.
- Physical infrastructure for production use.
- Transfer and adoption of technology to expand productivity improve value added and consume land quality.
- Support extension and applied research.
- Provide matching grants to access assets for income generation and livelihood improvements.
- Respond to the urgent food and livelihood needs of IDPS.
- Restoration of the agricultural production activities of IDPS through provision of starter packages to affected households.
- Support economic opportunities with specific focus on women & youth.
- Finance the related advisory and extension service to IDPS.
- Rehabilitation and investment on rural infrastructure.
- Social mobilization & capacity building of farmers & local communities through training.
Achievements of the Programme
- Disbursement of farm input/asset for rice production to fadama beneficiaries of AFI.
- Disbursement of food assistance to 3640 household.
- Disbursement of crop livestock livelihood to IDPS.
- Disbursement of livestock livelihood IDPS.
- Construction of rural infrastructure to 91 communities.
- Renovation of office blocks.
- Furnishing of offices.
- 1340 youths (Fadama vanguard) involved in infrastructural and environmental activities.
- Fadama guys-300 youths trained in various enterprises to be assisted with fund for self-sustenance.
List of Current Leaders
- Danlami A. Audu-Account Unit.
- Abubakar Ibrahim-Environmental Unit.
- Bulus David-Monitoring & evaluation.
- Rabi Gurama-Community development.
- Jonathan Jonah-Community Unit.
- Aliyu Ahmed-Technical & Training.
The Coordinator, FADMA III
Mrs. Regina B. Festus, the State Project Coordinator, Fadama III, was born on the 3rd August, 1966 and hails from Zing L.G.A. She is married with five children. She likes reading, farming, and Jogging.
She began her educational pursuit at Nguroje Primary School, Gembu from 1975 – 1981 where she enrolled into Government Secondary School, Yola between 1981 – 1985 and proceeded to College of Agriculture, Jalingo between 1986 – 1988 for her ND.
She later went for her HND between 1995 – 1996 and proceeded to Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi for her PGD between 2000 – 2001 where she later continue with her study in the year 2011 -2016 and obtained her MSc. in Agric. Economics.
Her other achievements/Awards/Honored include:
- Winner, 2018 Trans Africa must distinguished diamond merit award for an outstanding versatile public administrator of integrity in Africa.
- Merit for humble and committed leadership by North – East peace development initiative.
- Award of excellent for contribution to the development of student unionizing by NUTAS.
Workshops attended by Mrs. Regina B. Festus include:
- Profitable management of Fadama enterprises in Nigeria. 13th – 16th May, 2008.
- Agricultural project monitoring and evaluation. 7th – 26th Oct, 2013.
- Alternative approaches to open burning of Agricultural Waste /residue. 15th – 16th April, 2014.
- Resell driven advisory service for training and Technical assistance officers, Singapore. 27th August to 7th Sept., 2012.
- Leading a project team – Dubai (UAE). 11th – 27th Sept., 2017.
- Project Management in conflict of post conflict areas – Dubai 26th – 30th March, 2018.
List of Previous Coordinators of the Programme
Past Coordinators - Fadama ProgrammesThe table below consists of list of previous Coordinators of the Fadama Programme.
|1.||Regina B. Festus||October 2016 - To date|
|2.||Habison Timothy||Sept. - Sept. 2016.
|3.||Salihu Hassan||Dec. 2004 - Aug. 2006.|
|4.||Yusuf Nyajo Obadiah||April 2004 - Nov. 2004.