Ministry of Basic and Secondary EducationClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education was established in by the Administration of Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku in 2020 and is presently under the leadership of Hon. Johannes Jigem.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Achievements of the Ministry
- Regular payment of salaries to the staff of the Ministry N71, 718, 799. 40.
- Monthly feeding subvention to Exchange Programme colleges – Government Comprehensive Secondary School, Jalingo and Marmara Government Girls Secondary School, Wukari – N14, 564,000. 00.
- Registration of WAEC examination 2016 for students of Special Education Centre Mutum-Biyu/Garbabi and exchange students. – N13, 661. 00.
- Transportation of students on Exchange Programme – N16, 961, 200.00.
- Restructuring /Renovation of WAEC Office in Jalingo and the purchase of 406 Peugeot Wagon for WAEC office in Taraba state –N7, 000,000.00.
- Presentation of Education sector plan and annual schools census –N 17,136,240.00
Conveyance of Mass Education Board Material from Abuja to Jalingo for kumbo, Donga Local Government Area.
- Approval and acceptance for Gechan [NGO] in collaboration with JAMB office /MOE to set up JAMB centre in Gembu.
- What a good news to the people of Sardauna and her environs.
- Training of 100 youth in Israel for employment/empowerment.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Post Primary School Management Board.
The Honorable Commissioner
He began his Educational career at Mbamnga Central Primary School from 1973 to 1978. He proceeded for his Post-Primary Education at Government Teachers College, Gembu from 1978 – 1983. He proceeded further to College of Education Hong, Gongola state from 1984 – 1987 and the University of Calabar for his first degree from 1989 – 1991.e is a Member of Teachers Council of Nigeria.
Mr. Jigem Johanes is a Member of Teachers Council of Nigeria.
Awards and Honours
Achievers Award Taraba State.
Sardauna Youth Forum Certificate of recognition and hard work.
Commendation by the State P.D.P chairman for hard work and physical development.
Commendation for P.T. A activities by Taraba State Teaching Service Board.
Best Evangelist – Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship, Port-Harcourt in 1991.
He has attended the following workshops to enhance his performance on the job.
All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary School (ANCOPSS) Professional Continuous Mandatory Training workshop in Gombe – November 2005.
HIV prevention for Orphans and Vulnerable Childcare Training – Nov. 2008.
All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary School (ANCOPSS) National Conference from 1995 – 2014.
National sensitization workshop on promoting Mambilla Plateau as a tourist destination in 2008.
Drug Abuse Enlightenment Workshop by the National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Gembu.
He was appointed as Commissioner of Education.
Jigem Johannes: The development of the Highland Tea on the Mambilla Plateau. College of Education Hong in 1986 – 1987.
Jigem Johannes: The Effect of Counselling on Career Choice Among Students. A case study of Gembu town in Gongola state – 1991 (University of Calabar).
His hobbies are Teaching, Hunting, and Reading.
The Permanent Secretary
Mr. Fred began his educational pursuit at Local Educational Authority (LEA) Primary School, Dampar Ibi LGA from 1969-1975 where he enrolled into Marmara Govt. Sec. School Wukari, TRS from 1976-1981, he proceeded to College of Preliminary Studies (CPS) Yola Adamawa State from 1981-1983, he later proceeded to the University of Jos Plateau State Nigeria from 1984-1987.
Information Coming Soon
Past Permanent Secretaries