Ministry of Culture and TourismClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Culture and Tourism ranging from its functions, present and past commissioners, present and past permanent secretaries and agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Culture and Tourism was established in November 2014 with Hon. Joseph Obadiah Aasseh as its present Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
The Functions of the Ministry are listed below;
- Formulation of cultural and tourism potentials.
Advising the Government on cultural matters.
- Liaising with other cultural and tourism agencies.
- Encourage drama, traditional dances, festival, music, culture and arts.
- Promote and undertake research in the fields of travels, marketing and merchandising.
- Responsible for the development of Game Reserves, Area Reserves, Holidays Resorts, Amusement Parks, Garden Parks Camp Sites, etc.
- Act as tour operators and sales tourists to resorts within and outside the State.
Establishment, management, and regulation of the hospitality industry in the State.
- Monitors the activities of hospitality in the State and set standards for them.
Achievements of the Ministry
Notable achievements of the Ministry are listed below;
- The observation of the World Tourism Day.
- Partaking in the National Festival of Arts and Culture (NAFEST).
- Partaking in the African Arts and Craft Expo.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Agencies under the Ministry are listed below;
- Tourism Board.
- Taraba State Arts Council.
- Taraba State Hotels Services.
The Honorable Commissioner
Hon. Joseph began his educational pursuit at CRCN Primary School, Ibi from 1992 – 1997 and enrolled into Government Secondary School, Ibi from 1998 – 2003 after which he proceeded to Veestra Theological Seminary, Donga for his Diploma in Christian Ministries from 2006 – 2009. He later proceeded to Reformed Theological Seminary Mkar where be obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Religious Education from 2015 – 2017.
His political appointments include;
- Senior Special Adviser, Ibi Local Government Council.
- Commissioner, Culture and Tourism.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|1.||Hon. Atosuma James Gani.||2015 – 2019|
|2.||Mr. Lawan Garba||2014-2015|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Mr. Lawan Garba ||-|
|3.||Alhaji Aliyu Saleh||-|