Ministry of Culture and TourismClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Culture and Tourism ranging from its functions, present and past commissioners, present and past permanent secretaries and agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Culture and Tourism was established in November 2014 with Hon. Joseph Obadiah Aasseh as its present Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
The Functions of the Ministry are listed below;
- Formulation of cultural and tourism potentials.
Advising the Government on cultural matters.
- Liaising with other cultural and tourism agencies.
- Encourage drama, traditional dances, festival, music, culture and arts.
- Promote and undertake research in the fields of travels, marketing and merchandising.
- Responsible for the development of Game Reserves, Area Reserves, Holidays Resorts, Amusement Parks, Garden Parks Camp Sites, etc.
- Act as tour operators and sales tourists to resorts within and outside the State.
Establishment, management, and regulation of the hospitality industry in the State.
- Monitors the activities of hospitality in the State and set standards for them.
Achievements of the Ministry
Notable achievements of the Ministry are listed below;
- The observation of the World Tourism Day.
- Partaking in the National Festival of Arts and Culture (NAFEST).
- Partaking in the African Arts and Craft Expo.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Agencies under the Ministry are listed below;
- Tourism Board.
- Taraba State Arts Council.
- Taraba State Hotels Services.
The Honorable Commissioner
Hon. Joseph began his educational pursuit at CRCN Primary School, Ibi from 1992 – 1997 and enrolled into Government Secondary School, Ibi from 1998 – 2003 after which he proceeded to Veestra Theological Seminary, Donga for his Diploma in Christian Ministries from 2006 – 2009. He later proceeded to Reformed Theological Seminary Mkar where be obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Religious Education from 2015 – 2017.
His political appointments include;
- Senior Special Adviser, Ibi Local Government Council.
- Commissioner, Culture and Tourism.
The Permanent Secretary
Mr. Lawan Garba , the Permanent Secretary , Ministry of Culture and Tourism was born in on the 29th July 1969n and hails from Gassol L.G.A. He is married with seven Children.
Mr. Lawan began his educational pursuit at Mutum-Biyu J Primary School from 1977-1983, after which he proceeded to Government Secondary School Mutum-Biyu between 1983-1988, after which he proceeded to College of Education Jalingo between 1990-1993. He proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University Zaria between 1995-1998.
– Workshop on Public Sector Reforms. Capacity Building and Performance Enhancement in the year 2010.
– Work Ethics and Productivity Improvement Workshop 5th September to 9th September 2011.
– Workshop on Entrepreneurial Development along Agriculture Value-Chain, 25th-26th November 2019.
– Certificate of Membership, Institute of Professional Managers and Administration of Nigeria (IPMA).
|1.||Hon. Atosuma James Gani.||2015 – 2019|
|2.||Mr. Lawan Garba||2014-2015|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Mr. Lawan Garba ||-|
|3.||Alhaji Aliyu Saleh||-|