Ministry of EducationClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page tends to highlight some information about the Ministry ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Education was established in 1991.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Achievements of the Ministry
- Regular payment of salaries to the staff of the Ministry N71, 718, 799. 40.
- Monthly feeding subvention to Exchange Programme colleges – Government Comprehensive Secondary School, Jalingo and Marmara Government Girls Secondary School, Wukari – N14, 564,000. 00.
- Registration of WAEC examination 2016 for students of Special Education Centre Mutum-Biyu/Garbabi and exchange students. – N13, 661. 00.
- Transportation of students on Exchange Programme – N16, 961, 200.00.
- Restructuring /Renovation of WAEC Office in Jalingo and the purchase of 406 Peugeot Wagon for WAEC office in Taraba state –N7, 000,000.00.
- Presentation of Education sector plan and annual schools census –N 17,136,240.00
Conveyance of Mass Education Board Material from Abuja to Jalingo for kumbo, Donga Local Government Area.
- Approval and acceptance for Gechan [NGO] in collaboration with JAMB office /MOE to set up JAMB centre in Gembu.
- What a good news to the people of Sardauna and her environs.
- Training of 100 youth in Israel for employment/empowerment.
Agencies Under the Ministry
- Taraba State University (TSU).
- College of Education (COE) – Zing.
- Taraba State Polytechnic – Suntai.
- Taraba State Universal Basic Education Board (TSUBEB).
- Mass Education Board.
- Library Board.
- Scholarship Board.
- College of Agriculture (COA).
- Post Primary Schools Management Board.
The Honorable Commissioner
The Hon. Commissioner is Dr. Augustaina Godwin.
Profile coming soon.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
Information not available at the moment.
Past Permanent Secretaries