Ministry of Environmental and Climate ChangeClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all information about the Ministry of Environment and Sanitation (now Environmental and Climate Change) ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
Ministry of Environment was created in the year 2000 with the aim of formulating and implementing government policies on environment.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Functions of the Ministry includes the following:
- Control and management of wildlife.
- Environmental Protection.
- Monitoring of Hazardous and Radioactive Materials in the Environment.
- Control of mining its illegal activities in the State.
- Establishment and maintenance of forest plantations.
- Raising of seedlings, planting and weeding.
- Solid minerals exploration and exploitation.
- Management of air, water and soil quality against pollution and degradation.
Achievements of the Ministry
- Confiscation and arrest of one Hundred and Ninety-Eight chainsaws used in the exploitation of Forest Reserves in the State by Forestry Department.
- Improved the revenue generation by the activities of Forestry from June 2015 to March 2016 amounting to Six Hundred and Eight Million, Nine Hundred and Forty-One Thousand, Eight Hundred Naira. (681, 941,800).
- Identification of several solid minerals in the different parts of the State such as Gold, Gemstone, Saphire; industrial minerals (Barite), metallic mineral (Columbite), etc. Over 50 known occurring mineral types have been located and sampled.
- Incorporated and registered Taraba Solid Minerals Development Company Limited (TSMD) with RC Number 285569.
- Undertook a satellite minerals survey of four block areas within the State of hydrocarbon and other minerals within the Benue Trough in 2012.
- The Taraba State Solid Mineral Development Company Limited (TSMDC) acquired from the Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Development title deeds i.e. Certificate of Ownership (C of O) for over 16 sites for different minerals.
Attending both domestic and international trade fair where the various mineral potentials of the State has continued to receive unprecedented exposure to the world committee.
Agencies Under the Ministry
- Taraba State Environmental Protection Agency.
The Honorable Commissioner
The Honorable Commissioner, Mrs. Aishat Adul-Azzez K. Barde.
Profile coming soon.
The Permanent Secretary
Dr. Isa Mohammed Hamza, the permanent secretary ministry of environment and sanitation was born on the 27th Feb. 1968 and hails from Gashaka LGA. He is married with seven children. He likes horse riding.
Dr. Isa Mohammed began his educational pursuit at central primary school,serti from 1978-1983,where he enrolled in to Government secondary school, serti between 1983-1988, he proceeded in to university of Maiduguri (DVM) in 1998 and also Ahmadu Bello university Zaria in 2011 where he obtained his M.Sc.
- Professional certificate in computer Application packages-2010.
- Iya Abubakar computer center A.B.U-Zaria.
- 4th National council on communication Technology, Kaduna-2016.
- 5th National council on communication technology, Nasarawa-2017.
- 6th National council on communication technology,osun-2018
- National council on science and technology-Katsina
- 2nd National Rabies workshop with the theme: ’Rabies a neglected zoonosis in Nigeria’’ Held at ABU-Zaria 27th -30th -2010.
- JVMAH-11.02.19-0756: Assessment of operational facilities and sanitary practices in zango shanu abattoir, sabon Gari local Government Area, Kaduna state-2009.
- Seroepidemiology of Bovine Brucellosis in Taraba state, North Eastern Nigeria-2010.
The Ministry has had 9 Commissioner since inception in the Year 2000.
Table of past commissioners will be available soon.
Past Permanent Secretaries
The Ministry has had Seven Permanent Secretaries since its inception in the Year 2000.