[fusion_builder_container background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”50px” padding_bottom=”80px” padding_left=”11.25%” padding_right=”11.25%” hundred_percent=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”none” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]
Click on Each Content Below to View the Details
[/fusion_title][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_accordion divider_line=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_toggle title=”About Ministry” open=”no”]Ministry of Environment was created in the year 2000 with the aim of formulating and implementing policies on Environment. It had Hon James D. Nungwa as the pioneer Commissioner and Dr. John D. Zakka as its Permanent Secretary.
Mrs. Rebecca S. Manasseh was appointed Commissioner from 2014 to date overseeing the affairs of the Ministry. The Ministry had since its inception 7 Commissioners and 6 Permanent Secretaries.
Ministry of Environment has 5 Directors under its department and one Agency.
Functions of the Ministry involves the following:
- Control and management of wildlife.
- Environmental Protection.
- Monitoring of Hazards and Radioactive Materials in the Environment
- Control of mining and illegal activities in the State.
- Establishment and maintenance of Forestry Plantation.
- Raising of seedlings, awareness, planting and weeding
- Solid Minerals Exploration and Exploitation.
- Management of Air, Water and Soil quality against Pollution and Degradation.
Achievements of the Ministry.
The achievement of the Ministry includes the following:
- Confiscation and arrest of one Hundred and ninety-eight chainsaws used in the exploitation of Forest Reserves in the State by Forestry Department.
- Improved the Revenue generation by the activities of Forestry from June 2015 to March 2016 amounting to Six hundred and eight million, nine hundred and forty-one thousand, eight hundred Naira. (681, 941,800).
- Identification of several Solid minerals in the different parts of the State such as Gold, Gemstone, Saphire, Industrial mineral (Barite), metallic mineral (Columbite), etc. Over 50 known occurring mineral, types have been located and sampled.
- Incorporated and Registered Taraba Solid Minerals Development Company Limited (TSMD) with RC Number 285569.
- Undertook a satellite minerals survey of four block areas within the State of hydrocarbon and other minerals within the Benue Trough in 2012.
- The Taraba State Solid Mineral Development Company Limited (TSMDC) acquired from the Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Development title deeds i.e. Certificate of Ownership (C of O) for over 16 sites for different minerals.
- Attending both Domestic and International Trade Fair where the various mineral potentials of the State has continued to receive unprecedented exposure to the world committee.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Commissioner” open=”no”]
Mrs Rebecca Seember Manasseh is the Commissioner for Environment. She hails from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State and is married with children.
She began her Educational Career at N.K.S.T Primary school Kasina Ala in Benue State from 1979 to 1984. Her Secondary school education in N.K.S.T Uavande Gboko-Aliade Road Benue State. She proceeded for her Ordinary National Diploma (OND) at Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna State, her Higher National Diploma (HND) at Institute of Management Technology Enugu State and her Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) at Nasarawa State University, Nasarawa.
In 2011, she was appointed Special adviser on political affairs and now Commissioner of Environment under the leadership of Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku.
Mrs Rebecca enjoys cooking and traveling as hobbies.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Permanent Secretary” open=”no”]Permanent Secretary
Dr. John D. Zakka[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Secretary” open=”no”]Information not available at the moment.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Directors” open=”no”]Director – Forestry and Wildlife
Mr Amauwhe Musa Arziki is a Director of Forestry and Wildife. He was born 6th June 1958 and hails from Donga Local Government Area of Taraba State. He is married with six children.
Mr Amauwhe Musa Arziki began his Primary school Education at Takum L.E.A Kumbo from 1968 to 1973, after which he proceeded to Government secondary school Takum from 1973 to 1978. He latter enrolled in to college of preliminary studies Yola from 1979 to 1981 and Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (ABU) between 1983 to 1986.
He enjoys walking.
Director – Solid Minerals.
Mr Matsai David Angye is a Director of Solid Minerals in the Ministry of Environment. He hails from Wukari Local Government Area of Taraba State and was born 29th October, 1967. He is married with 3 children.
Mr Matsai David began his Primary school education at Ebenezer Primary school, Wukari from 1975 to 1980 and had his Post-Secondary School at Government Day Secondary School Wukari from 1980 to 1983 and Government Secondary School Michika (GSS) from 1983 to 1986. He proceeded to University of Maiduguri and University of Jos between 1987 to 1991 and 1999 to 2003.
Workshop on Solid Mineral Identification and processing NMGS Vom, Jos Plateau State 1996.
Director – Finance.
Alh. Mohammed Kawu Umar is a Director Finance with the Ministry. He hails from Lau Local Area of Taraba State and was born 31st Decenber, 1961. He is married with six children.
He began his Primary School Education at Mayosoi Primary School where he obtained his first school leaving certificate after which he enrolled into Government Day Secondary School, Kunini in 1987. He then proceeded to Federal Polytechnic Mubi in 1990 and Adamawa State Polytechnic in 1996. Modibo Adama University of Technology Yola in 2012. He also attended Nigerian College of Accountancy Jos, in 2014 and Federal University of Technology Owerri in 2004.
He is a Fellow Member of the Nigerian Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators (IPMA).
Mandatory Professional Educational Workshop at Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria in 2003.
AIT workshop at Nigeria College of Accountants of Nigeria, Jos District in 2004.
MBM Computers workshop Lagos 1992.
Universal Computers Ltd. Industrial workshop in 1988
Mr Abraham Kweba Garba is a Director Planning Research and Statistics with the Ministry. He hails from Takum Local Government Area and was born on the 1st January, 1963. He is married with 6 children.
He began his primary school at Ekas Primary School Takum from 1970 to 1976 after which he enrolled into Government Secondary School, Takum between 1976 to 1981. He proceeded to School of Basic Studies, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria between 1982 to1983 and also obtained his Degree Certificate from the same University between 1983 to 1986. He attended International College of Missions, Jalingo in 2005 where he obtained his Diploma in Theology and Bethel Theology Seminary Enugu in 2013 for his master’s degree in Christian counselling.
- Successful teacher from 1988 to 2000
- Involvement in the Production of State Strategic Frame Work 2016
- Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop Jalingo 2005
- Workshop on Public Finance Management by OSSAP on MDGs in Jalingo October 2012.
- M & E by SPARC Enugu 2014
- Workshop on Taraba State Strategic Framework in Jalingo 2016.
He enjoys singing and reading.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Commissioners” open=”no”]None.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Permanent Secretaries” open=”no”]
|Mr. Aboki Ali Bassa|