[fusion_builder_container background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”50px” padding_bottom=”80px” padding_left=”11.25%” padding_right=”11.25%” hundred_percent=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”none” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]
Click on Each Content Below to View the Details
[/fusion_title][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_accordion divider_line=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_toggle title=”About the Ministry” open=”no”]
The Ministry of Culture and Tourism was established in November, 2014 with Abdulsalam A. Bashir as its Pioneer Commissioner.
Mr Atosuma James Gani is the current Commissioner and Alhaji Aliyu Saleh is the Permanent Secretary.
Agencies under the Ministry are list below;
- Tourism Board.
- Taraba State Arts Council.
- Taraba State Hotels Services
Functions of the Ministry:
The Functions of the Ministry are listed below;
- Formulation of Cultural and Tourism Potentials.
- Advising the Government on Cultural matters.
- Liaising with other cultural and tourism agencies.
- Encourage drama, traditional dances, festival, music, culture and arts.
- Promote and undertake research in the fields of travels, marketing and merchandising.
- Responsible for the development of Game Reserves, Area Reserve, Holidays Resorts, Amusement Parks, Garden Parks Camp Sites etc.
- Act as tour operators and sales tourists to resorts within and outside the State.
- Establishment, Management, and Regulation of the Hospitality industry in the State.
- Monitors the activities of hospitality in the State and set standards for them.
Achievements of the Ministry:
Notable achievements of the Ministry are listed below;
- The observation of the World Tourism Day.
- Partaking in the National Festival of Arts and Culture (NAFEST).
- Partaking in the African Arts and Craft Expo.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Commissioners” open=”no”]
Hon. Atosuma James Gani was born April 27th 1972. He hails from Wukari Local Government Area of Taraba State. Hon. Atosuma James Gani is married with three children. He is the current Commissioner Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
Hon. Gani began his early education at Avyi Primary School, Wukari Local Government Area 1984 and Government Day Secondary School Wukari 1988.
He attended the following higher institutions with date:
- Spring Computer, Wuse-2011
- Federal Poly Nasarawa, Nasarawa State-2005
- FPNNS (Federal Poly Nasarawa, Nasarawa State)-2007
- FPNNS (Federal Poly Nasarawa, Nasarawa State)q
- FPNNS(Federal Poly Nasarawa, Nasarawa State)-2014
- National Teachers Institute-2014
- Institute of Corporative Administration, Abuja-2011
- Fellow Corporate Admin Institute Abuja
- Doctor of Philosophy (Award U.S.A.)
- Peace Ambassador U.N (Peace FED)
- Member Presidential Policy Advisory Committee
- Member (PCRC)
- Material Management Service-Ifora Lagos State
- Stores Material Management-keffi, Nasarawa State
- Leading Edge Strategies-Dubai (UAE)
- Advanced in Management for the Economy- Johannesburg (SA).
Personal Assistance to the Minister for Labour and Productivity.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Permanent Secretary” open=”no”]
Alhaji Aliyu Saleh Mutum-Biyu was born December 31,st 1958 and hails from Gassol Local Government Area. He is married with 23 children.
Alhaji Saleh began his early education at Central Primary School Mutum-Biyu, from 1968-1974. From where he proceeded to further at Government Teachers College, Utonkwo from 1975-1979.
He bagged his NCE Tech. from Ahmadu Bello University from 1981-1985 as well as B.Ed. Tech from the same institution from 1988-1990.
Certificate in General Management, ASCON Lagos-1993.
Awards and Honours:
• Best Student in NCE TECH. 1985.
• Outstanding Permanent Secretary, 2014.
• Workshop on Personnel Management Lagos, 1992.
• Workshop on Project Monitoring and Evaluation A.B.U. Zaria, 1996.
• Workshop on Skills Acquisition ITF, Yola 1990
• Workshop on Water Management and Distribution Swaziland-2014.
• Secretary Donga Local Government-2001
• Secretary Sardauna Local Government-2002
• Chairman Caretaker Committee Gassol LGA-2003[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Secretary” open=”no”]
Mrs Abishang Dan Habu had her primary school education at Alheri Primary School Takum, from 1975-1982.
Attended Queen Amina College Secondary School Kakuri, Kaduna from 1982-1988.
She furthered her education at the University of Maiduguri Borno State from 1988-1994.
Mrs Abishang loves traveling and cooking as her hobbies.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Directors” open=”no”]Directors serving with the Ministry and their respective Departments are given in the Table below;
|Abishag Dan Habu||Administration|
|Mr Cyprain Bandawa||Planning, Research and Statistics|
|Mr William K. Jauro||Culture|
|Mr Danladi Peters N||Tourism|
|Mrs Christiana Mark Useni||Information|
|Mr Constatine Joel||Finance|
Mr Danladi Peter started his early education at the Ekas Trans. School, Kumbo from 1968-1974. He attended Mbiya Government Secondary School Takum, from 1975-1980. He furthered his studies at the Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna 1982-1988 where he obtained his National Diploma and Higher National Diploma. He proceeded to Federal University of Technology Owerri for his Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Public Administration 2003-2004.
His Professional Achievements are listed below;
- Struggle for the establishment of the Taraba State Tourism Development Board-2008
- Implementation of the registration of the Hotels and Tourism Allied Enterprises-2015
- The yearly celebration of World Tourism Day September 27th.
- Workshop on the Implementation of the National Hotels Registration and Tourism Allied Enterprises, SOS-1994
- Sensitization Workshop on the Implementation of Tourism Development Master Plan-Abuja-2006
- Workshop on the Development and Promotion of the Tourism Products involving Public/Private Participation (P.P.P) Abuja-2913.
Director – Planning, Research and Statistics
Mr Cyprian Agi James (JP) was born on the 1st of January 1958 and hails from Lau Local Government Area, Taraba State. Mr Cyprain is married and blessed with four children.
He attended Ngbakawo Primary School 1976 from where he proceeded to Government Secondary School Numan in 1981. He obtained his Bachelor Degree from Federal University of Technology Yola now Modibbo Adama University of Technology Yola -2005.
Among his achievements include;
- Organising Tourists to visit Tourist site.
- Organising Taraba State contingents during National Carnivals and NAFEST.
- Researching Historical sites in Taraba State.
- Organising the World Tourism Day Celebration.
- Organising the Nwonyo International Fishing and Cultural Festival celebration
Other Honours/Achievements and Awards include
- Chairman Adjudicating Panel for all Government Secondary Schools in Nigeria.
- Honour by NIPC secretariat Abuja.
- Presentation of paper during the Democracy and Good Governance at the International Conference, Abuja.
- Award by the Association of Senior Staff of Nigeria.
Workshops attended are as follows;
- Workshop with Top Government Policy Makers.
- National Workshop on Trafficking in Women and Child Labour.
- National Youth Peace and Development, ECOWAS Secretariat.
- Workshop on Transitional Initiative by USAID.
- Workshop on Conflict Management, Abuja.
- Workshop on all Directors Rehabilitation.
- Workshop on Citizen Forum for Constitutional Reforms.
- Workshop on Copyright and Anti-Piracy, at Makurdi.
Director – Finance
Mr Constantine Joel is the Director of Finance in the Ministry of Culture and was born on the 9th April 1970. He hails from Yorro Local Government Area of Taraba State and is married with three (3) children. He enjoys surfing the internet and playing draft.
Mr Constantine Joel attended Army Children School Kaduna, Kaduna State from 1978-1980 and Ibrahim Sambo Primary School Zing, Taraba State from 1980-1983.
He then attended Government Secondary School Zing Taraba State 1984-1987, and Government Teachers College Jada, Adamawa State from 1988-1989.
He furthered his education from the Nigerian College of Accountancy Jos from 2012-2013.
The university of NSUKA from 1991-2003 and Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Adamawa State from 1991-1994.
He is a Member Association of National Accountant Nigeria (ANAN).
He has attended the following Workshops;
- Capacity Building Workshop for all Directors Finance of LUGBE 1996.
- Workshop on SGA Marshall held at Tswanya Plaza, Abuja on Accounting Software June 2006.
- Public Finance Management Workshop Organised by the State Primary Commission October 2012.
Director – Culture
He attended Methodist Primary School Jos, Plateau State 1964-1971, later proceeded to Government College Katsina-Ala, Benue State, from 1972-1976.
He bagged his Bachelor of Arts (B. A) History from University of Maiduguri from 1976-1981.
Mr William has attended the following workshops;
- The development of Taraba State in Jalingo from the 8th and 9th February 2016.
- Improvement of the Civil Service organised by the Industrial Training Fund, Yola in 2013.
- Paper Presentation on the People and Culture of Taraba State at NYSC orientation programme for five years running.
Director – Research and Documentation
Miss Veronica Domini Danjuma was born 31st December 1968 and hails from Takum Local Government Area Taraba State.
She attended Alheri Primary School Takum, from 1975-1981. And then Government Teachers College Wukari from 1982-1986. Miss Veronica furthered her education at the College of Education Jalingo from 1989-1992 and Proceeded to University of Maiduguri from 1999-2002.
PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER
She is the Director of Information at the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. Mrs Mark is married and blessed with four (4) children.
She had her early education at Musdafa Primary School Yola, 1982-1987 and Naraguta Grammar School Jos. She furthered her education in University of Jos from 1988-1991, University of Maiduguri in 1997 and then Modibo Adamawa University of Technology, Yola 2015.
- Best presenter (2000) Taraba Television Corporation Jalingo.
- Stewardship Award 2016 Taraba State Women Committee NLC.
- Distinguished Excellence Award of Who is Who Amongst Women in Nigeria 2005.
Workshops Attended with Date:
- Developing the Potential of Women for Agric Export-2004
- Female Ministers Forum, Dorban South Africa-2006
- International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa, Abuja 2015 ICASA
- Workshop on Skills of Presentation, PRTV Jos 1994
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Commissioners” open=”no”][/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Permanent Secretaries” open=”no”][/fusion_toggle][/fusion_accordion][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container][fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” background_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0)”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_separator style_type=”none” sep_color=”” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”” class=”” id=””/][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]