Ministry of HousingClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Housing ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Housing was established in November 2014 and has Arch. Hon. Aliyu Paschal Sunday Dankaro as the present Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Functions of the Ministryincludes;
- Construction of government buildings.
Supervision of all government building projects.
- Management and maintenance of government estates.
- Provision of consultancy services to MDAs.
- Valuation of landed properties for all purpose on behalf of the State Government.
- Liaising with Mortgage Institutions and beneficiaries on the funding of Housing Programmes in the state.
Achievements of the Ministry
The Ministry has recorded the following achievements;
Raised Two Hundred and Seventy Million, one Hundred and Eighty-One Thousand, Eight Hundred and Thirty-Five Naira, Seventy-Two Kobo (N270, 181, 835.72) from the collection of rent on government quarters and estates through direct deductions from salaries of tenants and cash payments from 2008-2015.
Renovation of 1 no. Staff quarters at Senior Staff Quarters, Jalingo.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Taraba Savings and Loans Limited is an Agency under the Ministry.
The Honorable Commissioner
Arch. Hon. Aliyu began his educational pursuit at Capital School Kaduna from 1971 – 1974 and then proceeded to the Sacred Heart Kaduna from 1969 – 1970. He also attended Maryland Comprehensive, Ikeja Lagos from 1970 – 1971 after which he enrolled into Government College Keffi from 1975 – 1977 and went to Federal Government College, Jos from 1977 – 1980. He then enrolled into the University of Jos from 1988 – 1991 and University of Lagos from 1982 – 1987.
His achievements include;
- Designing and construction of the student hostel at Babcock University Ilesan between 2002 – 2003.
- Designing and construction of various privately owned buildings in Lagos, Jos Abuja and Jalingo.
- Construction of the Taraba state secretariat road network from 2003 – 2004.
- Beautification of Ikeja General Hospital, Lagos in 2002.
- Beautification of St. Nicholas Hospital, Lagos in 2001.
- Renovation of Government Lodge, Ardo-kola L.G.A of Taraba state.
- Providing Acoustics to the cross River state Television House, Calabar in 1994.
- Construction of hostels No2 in the Igbinedion University between 2004/2005.
- Beautification of General TY. Danjuma’s country home in Takum and Victoria Island, Lagos.
Other achievements include;
- Best all-rounder and sportsman award, Capital School Kaduna between 1973/1974.
- Football Captain school prefect, Capital School Kaduna between 1973/1974.
- Best all-rounder and sportsman award, FGC Jos between 1979/1980.
- Social prefect FGC Jos – 1979/1980.
- Most successful football captain FGC Jos between 1979/1980.
- Most unique trade fair exhibitor at the Port Harcourt International Trade fair, Lagos International trade fair and Kaduna International trade fair between 1992/1993.
- Meritorious award for National Development and news pointer magazine award for Excellence as Best Human Resource Developer in Taraba state – 2009.
- Prestigious Ambassador for Peace Award, Universal Peace Foundation Branch of UN.
- National Pillars of Peace award as the Pillar of Peace Ambassador.
- Peace and National Reconciliation organization – 2013.
Workshops attended include;
- National Boundary Disputes definition and resolution organized by the National Boundary Commission – 2008.
- USAID Workshop on Peace Building – 2009.
- Berger Paints workshop on Capacity Building for Senior Employees and Managerial Staff in Asaba – 2006.
- Capacity Building for the Newly Appointed Commissioners in the Taraba state Government 2019.
His political appointments include;
- Chairman of a committee deployed from the PDP National Secretariat to conduct a By election in Gamawa constituency in Bauchi state.
- Special Adviser to the Taraba state Governor on Ecological matters from 2015 – 2019.
- Commissioner for Housing, Taraba state – 2019.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|1.||Hon. Sule Abubakar Ndigmay||2015 – 2019|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Architect Christopher Shaki ||2016 - 2019|
|2.||Alhaji Aminu Mohammed Karim||2014 – 2016|