Ministry of Information and ReorientationClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Information and Reorientation ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Information and Reorientation was established on 27th August 1991 and is currently under the leadership of Hon. Danjuma Anyeze Adamu who is the Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
Functions of the Ministry:
- Propagation and interpretation of the policies and programmes of the State Government.
- Enlightenment and mobilization of the public for the support of Government policies and programmes.
- Implementation of all official activities relating to information dissemination in the state through the electronic print, visual (Film) and oral media.
- Provision of policy on public re-orientation.
- Coordinates, supervise and check excesses of all media houses, organs and bodies operating on public re-orientation.
Achievements of the Ministry:
- Digitalization of Taraba Television (TTV).
Construction of New Studios at TTV permanent site.
- Fencing of TSBS.
- Purchase of 300kva generating set for TSBS.
- Provision of Internet Services at Jalingo Airport.
Agencies Under the Ministry
Agencies in the Ministry:
- Taraba Television Corporation (TTV).
- Taraba State Broadcasting Services (TSBS).
- Government Printing Press.
The Honorable Commissioner
Hon. Danjuma began his educational pursuit at Native Authority Primary School Wukari from 1960 -1965 where he enrolled into Government Secondary School Lafia between 1967-1971, after which he proceeded to Collage of Journalism London from 1973-1975 and also attended City and East London Wallbrook Collage in 1975. He also attended Center for Business Studies and University of London in 1980-1982. Later went to University of Jos where he read Law from 1995-2000, also attended Nigerian Law School Bagauda Kano 2002-2003.
His professional achievements include,
- Member Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ)
- Member Bar Association (NBA)
- Member Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- Fellow Institute of chartered Trustees Nigeria
His other achievements include;
- The Press in International Understanding, sponsored by the Indiana University USA and the US information Service in Nigeria. (1977).
- Political reporting sponsored by NUJ Center for Foreign Journalists, USA and the US Information Service in Nigeria 1990.
- Taxpayer Education Program, organized by Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) 2014.
Hon. Adamu has attended the following workshops;
- Participating in a team of 14 leading Nigerian Journalists for two weeks working tours of media organizations in the German Federal Republic, sponsored by Konrad Adenauer Foundation, Institute of International Partnership Bonn 1981.
- Member of a select group of students (Comparative Government Class) of the University of London on a two weeks study tour of government and non-governmental organizations in selected cities in Romania.
- Resource person at a seminar for key officials of local government councils in Taraba State 2006.
- Taraba State Adhoc Committee 2001
- Member Aku-Uka’s advisory committee
- Advisers on legal media/public affairs 2001
- The Jukun and their King 1983
- Issues in Jukun Tiv conflict 2002
- Showers of Blessing: The autobiography of Ibrahim Sangari Usman as told Danjuma Adamu (2005)
- The Sketches of my Life: Autobiography of Dr. Shekarau Angyu MAsa-Ibi, CON Aku-Uka, Kuvyon II as told to Danjuma Adamu, 2015.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|1||Rt. Hon. Anthony Inusa Simon Dogari||2018 - 2019
|2||Rt. Hon. Anthony Galadima Danburam||August, 2015 – 2018|
|3||Hon. Emmanuel Bello||24th November, 2014 – 2015
|4||Hon. Ateh Sale Kundu||11th November, 2013 – 2014|
|5||Hon. Emmanuel Bello||14th June, 2011 – 2013
|6||Alh. Aminu Jika||25th May, 2011 – 2013|
|7||Hon. Dandikulu Bala S.||-|
|8||Hon. John Musa||-|
|9||Barr. Tanko Mohammed||-|
|Alh. Inuwa Gassol||-|
|Hon. Samusi Abwage||-|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1||Taninga Danjuma||2016 - 2019
|Mr. Amos Wanmi||September, 2015 – April, 2016
|2||Mrs. Emily G. Nyame||5th January, 2015|
|3||Mrs. Suzi Nathan ||26th May, 2014|
|4||Mr. Isaac Mella||3rd November, 2014
|Mr. Major Abba||23rd January, 2014|
|5||Mrs. Lydia Ambitumi||17th April, 2012|
|6||Alh. Aliyu Saleh M. ||-|
|7||Mrs. Saratu Nuhu||22nd November, 2011
|8||Alh. Hassan Adamu||4th July, 2007|
|9||Mrs. Asabe Mai’angwa ||-|
|10||Mr. Charles Mijinyawa ||-|
|11||Mr. Joshua Musa ||-|
|12||Alh. Habu Sani Kona||-|
|13||Mr. Joshua Garba ||-|
|14||Mr. Jacob Kami ||-|
|15||Dr. Umar ||-|
|16||Mr. Barau Banti Nyako||-|
|17||Mrs. Suzi Nathan||26th May, 2014|