[fusion_builder_container background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”50px” padding_bottom=”80px” padding_left=”11.25%” padding_right=”11.25%” hundred_percent=”yes” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”none” sep_color=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” class=”” id=””]
Click on Each Content Below to View the Details
[/fusion_title][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_accordion divider_line=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_toggle title=”About Ministry” open=”no”]The Ministry was established on 27th August, 1991 and is currently under the leadership of Rt. Hon. Anthony G. Danburam who is the Commissioner.
Agencies in the Ministry:
Agencies under the Ministry includes;
- Taraba Television Corporation (TTV).
- Taraba State Broadcasting Services (TSBS).
- Government Printing Press.
Functions of the Ministry:
The functions of the Ministry includes;
- Propagation and interpretation of the Policies and Programmes of the State Government.
- Enlightenment and Mobilization of the Public for the Support of Government Policies and Programmes.
- Implementation of all Official activities Relating to Information Dissemination in the State through the Electronic Print, Visual (Film) and Oral Media.
- Provision of Policy on Public Re-orientation and managing the State’s Website.
- Coordinates, Supervise and check excesses of all Media Houses, Organs and Bodies operating on Public Re-orientation.
Achievements of the Ministry:
The Ministry has achieved the following;
- Digitalization of Taraba Television (TTV).
- Construction of New Studios at TTV permanent site.
- Fencing of T.S.B.S
- Purchase of 300kva generating set for T.S.B.S.
- Provision of Internet Services at Jalingo Airport.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Commissioner” open=”no”]
Rt. Hon. Anthony Galadima Danburam, the Honourable Commissioner of the Ministry was born on the 15th of June, 1960. He hails from Lau Local Government Area and is a widower with three (3) children.
He began his educational career at SUM Transferred Primary School, Didango- Lau from 1969-1975, after which he proceeded to Barewa College, Zaria from 1975-1979 and GSS, Jalingo from 1979-1981. He then attended the University of Maiduguri from 1982-1987 and the Nigeria Law School, Victoria Island, Lagos, from 1987-1988.
Rt. Hon. Danburam has won 85% of cases handled in court since his enrolment into the Supreme Court as a Barrister and Solicitor 28years ago.
Other achievements include:
- Best performing Local Government Chairman by Baseline Global ventures-2012.
- Distinguished Northern Advisers Award for Excellence and Exemplary Leadership and Local Government Chairman of the year-2014.
- Common Wealth Leadership Price-2014.
- Local Government Merit Award (LOGMA) for best Chairman of the year-2013.
He attended the Anti-Corruption Workshop, Abuja in 2014.
Rt. Hon. Danburam has held the following political appointments;
- Elected Member, Tarabab State House of Assembly (Kunini/Abbare) State Constituency-1992.
- Elected Pioneer Speaker, Taraba State House of Assembly-1992.
- Commissioner, House of assembly Commission-2007.
- Elected Executive Chairman, Lau Local Government Area-2012.
- Appointed Commissioner for Information and Re-orientation, Taraba State-2015-Date.
He has also done a Publication on “The impact of Legislation on Customary Land Tenure in Northern Nigeria-1987.
He enjoys Reading and Travelling.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Permanent Secretary” open=”no”]
The Permanent Secretary
Taninga Danjuma[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Secretary” open=”no”]Information not available at the moment.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Directors” open=”no”]
|Mrs. Patricia R. Domna||Administration and Finance|
|Mr Emmanuel D. Apwakun||Information|
|Mr Taninga Danjuma||Planning, Research and Statistics|
|Mr Ibrahim DanAzumi||Public Relations|
|Mr Emmanuel Tabki||Radio Services|
|Mrs Jummai R. Hamza||Television Services|
|Mr Christopher Hassan U.||Mass Mobilization|
Director – Information
Mr Emmanuel David Apwakun, the Director, Information, was born on the 15th of March 1960 and hails from Ussa Local Government Area. He is married with five (5) children.
Mr Apwakun began his educational career at the Dozomga Primary School, Donga, from 1967-1970 and E.K.A.S (TRANS) Primary School, Ibbi from 1971-1973 after which he proceeded to Government College, Markudi from 1973-1978 and then enrolled at the University of Maiduguri and Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Jos Campus, from 1980-1984 and 1994 respectively.
His Professional Achievements include;
- Secretary, the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ) Taraba State Council, 1999-2001.
- Chairman, the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) ethics and disciplinary Committee, 2012-2015.
- Member, the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) ethics/disciplinary committee, 2015-date.
He has also attended the following Workshops;
- Gender Mainstreaming (TRS/UNICEF) -9th March 1998.
- Press and the Transition Programme (NUJ/TRS)-6th January 1998.
- 3 months Training in Journalism and Newspaper Production, Benin-31st July 1998.
- GCMN Training on Discipleship Evangelism-6th March 2004.
- HIV/AIDS Sensitization Workshop (TACA)-2009.
- ITF Training on work ethics and production improvement-5th August 2011.
- Security Awareness Training Eagle Watch-22nd September 2012.
- Training on Standard Operating Procedure for Ebola V.D-December, 2014.
He also did a production on a swing of the pestle (A Novel)-2010 and enjoys Writing, Preaching, Watching films and Farming.
Director – Planning, Research and Statistics
Mr Taninga Danjuma Ubangari, a Director in the Ministry was born on 12th February 1957 and hails from Donga Local Government Area. He is married with five (5) children.
Mr Taninga started his educational career at NA Primary School (now Donzomga) from 1964-1969 and proceeded to Government Secondary School, Otukpo from 1970-1974. He then enrolled into UNIBADAN (Jos Campus) from 1974-1975, ATC, Zaria from 1976-1977 and Bayero University, Kano, from 1977-1981.
He has attended the following workshops;
- Civil Service Orientation-1983.
- EP Mobilisation Workshop, 1986-1988.
- National Wheat Production-1990.
- Public Relations Workshop, Lagos-1994.
- Strategic Image making, Shiroro Hotel, Minna-1994.
- UNICEF workshops, 1996-2003.
- World Bank workshop on Avian Influenza, Kaduna-2007.
- Workshops on IDPs organised by WB, EU, UNHCR (ongoing).
He enjoys Lawn Tennis and fishing.
Director – Mass Mobilization
Mr Christopher Hassan Utan, a Director in the Ministry hails from Takum Local Government Area. He was born on the 5th of January, 1959 and is married with three (3) children.
Mr Christopher began his educational career at the E.K.A.S Primary School, Lupwue, Takum Local Government Area, from 1968-1970 and E.K.A.S Primary School, Takum from 1970-1972 after which he enrolled at Government College, Keffi, Plateau State, 1973-1978 and then proceeded to COLLEGE OF Preliminary Studies, Yola, Adamawa State from 1979-1980 and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State, 1981-1984.
His Other achievements include;
- Best Corpers’ Award, Gummi Local Government, Sokoto State, 1984-1985.
- Principals Award for the best corper, GSS, Gummi, 1984-1985.
- The most dedicated Teaching Staff, GSS, Gummi, 1984-1985.
- The most committed House Master, GSS, Gummi, 1984-1985.
- T.A Award for the best Teaching Staff, GDSS, Bantaji-1993.
- A subject teacher with the best result in WASSC, GSS, Numan-1991.
He has attended the following workshops;
- Labour in the Modern Society-1994.
- The Role of Public Relation Officers of the Press towards Transition Programme, Jalingo-1999.
- The Role of Public Relation Officers in Effective Management of an Organization-2002.
- Work ethics/productivity Improvement-2011.
- Towards improving the Electoral Process-2014.
- Taraba state Workshop on Women and Youth Vocational Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
He made a Publication on “The role of effective communication in Public health”, Takum: A Case Study.
Mr Christopher Hassan Utan enjoys Sports, reading, farming and fishing.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Commissioners” open=”no”]
|Mr. Emmanuel Bello||24th November, 2014 – 2015|
|Mr. Ateh Sale Kundu||11th November, 2013 – 2014|
|Mr. Emmanuel Bello||14th June, 2011 – 2013|
|Alh. Aminu Jika||25th May, 2011 – 2013|
|Mr. Dandikulu Bala S.||–|
|Mr. John Musa||–|
|Barr. Tanko Mohammed||–|
|Alh. Inuwa Gassol||–|
|Mr. Samusi Abwage||–|
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Permanent Secretaries” open=”no”]
|Mr. Amos Wanmi||September, 2015 – April, 2016|
|Mrs. Suzi Nathan||26th May, 2014|
|Mr. Major Abba||23rd January, 2014|
|Mrs. Lydia Ambitumi||17th April, 2012|
|Alh. Aliyu Saleh M.||–|
|Mrs. Saratu Nuhu||22nd November, 2011|
|Mr. Christopher Adamu||–|
|Dr. Hamid Moh’d||–|
|Mr. Charles Mijinyawa||–|
|Mrs. Heidi Nyam||–|
|Alh. Hassan Adamu||4th July, 2007|
|Mrs. Asabe Mai’angwa||–|
|Mr. Joshua Musa||–|
|Alh. Habu Sani Kona||–|
|Mr. Joshua Garba||–|
|Mr. Barau Banti Nyako||–|