Ministry of Rural & Urban DevelopmentClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Rural and Urban Development ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Rural and Urban Development was established in the Year 1996. It had its First Commissioner as Hon. Musa John in 1997 and Mr Guram Bawa as the Permanent Secretary in 1996.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
1. Implementation of master plan and Developmental Control Activities.
2. The settlement of land disputes and allocation of corner shops.
3. Naming, Numbering, opening up of Road in Compensated layout.
4. Approved building plans, issuance of permits and beautification of roundabouts.
5. Maintenance of parks and gardens.
6. Construction, Maintenance of streetlight and heavy duty machines.
7. Hiring and leasing out of machinery to public.
8. Design and construction of storm water drainage in Jalingo and Local Government.
9. House to house inspection central control and refuse disposal collection.
10. Maintenance of township roads.
11. Design and construction of roads.
12. Provision of electricity to rural communities not connected to the National Grid.
13. Empowerment of rural communities through skills development activities, micro-credit financing and participatory development strategies.
14. Promotion of grassroots community participation in self-help projects in addition to provision of grants for self-help projects.
15. Encouraging waste to wealth policies.
16. Advising the Government on issues relating to all subject matters under the purview of the Ministry.
Achievements of the Ministry
1. Purchase and Installation of 1 Nos MVA and 3 Nos 300KVA Transformer at Jalingo Airport.
2. Purchase and Installation of 2 Nos transformer in Sunkani and 2 No of Transformer at B/Dutse.
3. Rehabilitation of ITC line from Mararaba Kunini to Kunini Town.
4. Installation of 4 Nos of Transformer at Bali.
5. Smaji Hydro Power (SHP) Kakara Phase.
6. II Feasibility and Engineering design.
7. Kakara Small Hydro Power.
Agencies Under the Ministry
- Rural Electrification Board
- Rural Access and Mobility Project Agency (RAMP).
The Honorable Commissioner
The Honorable Commissioner is Comrade Julius Peter.
Profile coming soon.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|1.||Alh. Julde Dauda Rilwan||2015|
|2.||Alh. Hadi Lau||2014|
|3.||Hon. Rebo Usman||2013|
|4.||Alh. Iliya Lange||2013|
|5.||Alh. Abubakar Tutare||2009|
|6.||Alh. Musa Elwakili||2006|
|7.||Hon. Steven Umar||2004|
|8.||Hon. Habila Ahima||2004|
|10.||Alh. Ibrahim Dakka||2000|
|11.||Hon. Musa John||1997|
|1.||Hon. Saleh Sa’ad||2019 - 2023|
|2.||Hon. Hassan Bappa||2015 - 2019|
|3.||Alhaji Shuaibu Ataka Shaukani||2014 - 2015|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|S/N||Past Permanent Secretaries||Duration|
|1.||Mr Saleh Mutum Biyu||2015|
|2.||Mr Manu Gangumi||2010|
|4.||Mr Zubairu Mai Dawa||2005|
|5.||Mr Tukur Pate||2002|
|6.||Mr David Tikon||2001|
|8.||Habu Sani Kona|
|10.||Mr D. D Elisha|
|S/N||Previous Permanent Secretaries||Duration|
|1.||Alhaji Usman Ahmen Madu||2017 - 2019|
|2.||Mr. Major Abba||-|