Click on Each Content Below to View the Details
[/fusion_title][/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_accordion divider_line=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_toggle title=”About Ministry” open=”no”]
The Ministry of Rural Development was established in the Year 1996. It had its First Commissioner as Hon. Musa John in 1997 and Mr Guram Bawa as the Permanent Secretary in 1996.
The Ministry had 12 Commissioners and 11 Permanent Secretary since its inception. Hon. Alexander Markus is the current Commissioner while Mr. Ayuba A. Z. Dampar is the Permanent Secretary.
The ministry has 6 Directors and 2 Parastatals under which it operates.
- Rural Electrification Board
- Rural Access and Mobility Project Agency (RAMP)
Functions of the Ministry
- Provision of Electricity to Rural Communities not connected to National Grid.
- Empowerment of Rural Community through skills Development activities, micro-credit financing and participatory development strategies.
- Promotion of grassroots community participation in self-help project I addition to provision of grants for self-help projects.
- Encouraging waste to wealth policies.
- Advising government of issues relating to all subject matter under the purview of the Ministry.
Achievements of the Ministry
- Purchase and Installation of 1 Nos MVA and 3 Nos 300KVA Transformer at Jalingo Airport.
- Purchase and Installation of 2 Nos transformer in Sunkani and 2 No of Transformer at B/Dutse.
- Rehabilitation of ITC line from Mararaba Kunini to Kunini Town.
- Installation of 4 Nos of Transformer at Bali.
- Smaji Hydro Power (SHP) Kakara Phase II Feasibility and Engineering design.
- Kakara Small Hydro Power.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Commissioner” open=”no”]No content at the moment[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Permanent Secretary” open=”no”]
Mr. Ayuba Zaku Dampar[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Secretary” open=”no”]Information not available at the moment.[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Directors” open=”no”]Current Directors in the Ministry are represented in the Table below;
|Mrs Titi Mamman||Community Development|
|Mr Auwal Ibrahim||Electrification|
|Mr Buta Kola||Administration|
|Mr George Samlo||Finance|
|Mrs Bath Sheba Bahago||Planning, Research and Statistics|
Director – Community Development
Mrs Titi J. A. Mamman is a Director of Community Development with the Ministry of Rural Development. Born 1st October 1960. She hails from Takum Local Government Area of Taraba State. Married with 12 Children.
Mrs Titi started her early career at Ellen Primary School Takum from 1970 to 1977. She proceeded to Teachers College Mubi where she obtained her grade II certificate in the year 1983. In her quest for knowledge, she further her Education by obtaining a certificate in Adult Education from 1990 to 1991 and Diploma in Community Development 2003.
Her Professional Achievement include:
- Supervision of the Community in Cleaning Parks and Market.
- Supervision of Community on Self-help Project.
- Supervision of Community on Health Talks on Environmental.
- Leadership Training by Catholic Cadet Organisation of Nigeria.
- Member National Council of Women Society (NCWS).
- Member Christian Assistant of Women in Takum.
- The role of Women in National Building – 2015.
- Taraba State workshop on procurement law – 2013.
- Workshop on Women and Girls Water Sanitation at Takum – 2015.
- Workshop on Taraba State AIDS control – 2015.
Director (Ag.) – Electrification
Mr Auwal Ibrahim Danasabe, the Director (Ag.) Electrification in the Ministry was born on 12th June 1975. He Hails Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State.
Mr Auwal began his Educational Career in Nurul Islam Primary School Wukari from 1985 to 1996. He completed his Post-Primary School at Federal Technical College Orozo Abuja from 1992 to 1997. He then proceeded to Federal Polytechnic, Mubi where he obtained his National Diploma and High National Diploma from 1999 to 2001 and 2002 to 2005 respectively.
- Member Nigerian Association of Technologist in Engineering (NTE).
- Member Council for Regulation of Engineers (COREN).
- Work Ethics and Productivity Improvement workshop 2011.
- Workshop on facts about the new Electricity Tariff organised by National Electricity Regulatory Commission 2013.
- Workshop on inaugural of the 1st National Council on Power Organised by Federal Ministry of Power 2014.
- Validation of Draft Strategic Rural Electrification Plan.
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Commissioners” open=”no”]Previous Commissioners that served in the Ministry ar represented in the Table below;
|Alh. Julde Dauda Rilwan||2015|
|Alh. Hadi Lau||2014|
|Hon. Rebo Usman||2013|
|Alh. Iliya Lange||2013|
|Alh. Abubakar Tutare||2009|
|Alh. Musa Elwakili||2006|
|Hon. Steven Umar||2004|
|Hon. Habila Ahima||2004|
|Alh. Ibrahim Dakka||2000|
|Hon. Musa John||1997|
[/fusion_toggle][fusion_toggle title=”Past Permanent Secretaries” open=”no”]Previous Permanent Secretaries that served in the Ministry are represented the Table below
|Dr John D. Zakka||2015 – September, 2016|
|Mr Saleh Mutum Biyu||2015|
|Mr Manu Gangumi||2010|
|Mr Zubairu Mai Dawa||2005|
|Mr Tukur Pate||2002|
|Mr David Tikon||2001|
|Mr Gurama Bawa||1996|
|Habu Sani Kona||–|
|Mr D. D Elisha||–|