Ministry of Child and Social DevelopmentClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Social Development ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Social Development was established in December, 2014 and is currently under the leadership of Hon. Mrs. Bridget Twar as Commissioner.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
The functions of the Ministry include;
- Provides care and support for the elderly.
- Handle family cases.
- Repatriation of stranded persons.
- Provide Assistance to destitute and paupers.
- Provide Counselling Services to children beyond Parental control.
- Empowerment of the physically challenged persons through skills acquisition.
- Liaising with other NGOs Development partners and other MDAs on issues of persons living with disabilities.
- Implementation of Policies and Programmes that has to do with physically challenged, Aged, Destitute, and Vulnerable members of the society.
Achievements of the Ministry:
The Ministry has made the following Achievements;
- Resuscitation of Government Remand Home, Jalingo.
- Celebration of International Day of Persons living with Disabilities.
- Training of Blind men in various crafts at Nigerian Craft School, Ikeja – Lagos.
- Repatriation of Thirty (30) stranded Persons to various places within and outside the state.
- Successfully reformed Forty (40) children in conflict with the law and beyond Parental control at Jalingo Remand Home.
Agencies Under the Ministry
The Ministry has no Agency.
The Honorable Commissioner
Mrs. Bridget began her educational pursuit at Primary School Ashitsa, Wukari L.G.A from 1971 – 1978 and later enrolled into Mbiya Government Secondary School Takum from 1979 – 1983. She later proceeded to Adamawa state Polytechnic, Yola for her Diploma in Public Administration from 1991 – 1993 and enrolled into the University of Abuja where she obtained her B.Sc. in Public Administration from 2002 – 2010.
Workshops attended by Mrs. Bridget include;
- Capacity Building at Taraba state University Centre for Entrepreneurship Training and Consultancy Service, Jalingo from 9th – 14th December 2019.
The Permanent Secretary
Information coming soon.
|Serial Number||Previous Commissioners||Duration|
|1.||Alh. Musa Usman Karamti||2015 - 2019.|
|2.||Alh. Abubakar Mahmud||Dec. 2014- May 2015|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|1.||Mr. Tanko Orume |
|2.||Mr. Fidelis Bonjoru |
|3.||Hon. Danbaba Danfulani Suntai (Late) |
|4.||Mr. Yohanna Bitrus |
|5.||Alhaji Habu Sani|
|6.||Mr. Babale Maikidi |
|7.||Mr. Aboki Ali |
|8.||Mr. Joseph Machoko |
|9.||Alhaji Usman Kona|