Ministry of Urban DevelopmentClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of all infomation about the Ministry of Urban Development ranging from its functions, present and past Commissioners, Present and past Permanent Secretaries and Agencies under the Ministry.
About the Ministry
Ministry of Urban and Town Development was established in 2014. It has Hon. Saleh Sa’ad as the current Commissioner.
The Ministry has seven (7) directors under its operation and has no Agencies.
Functions/Achievements of the Ministry
- Implementation of master plan and Developmental Control Activities.
- The settlement of land disputes and allocation of corner shops.
- Naming, Numbering, opening up of Road in Compensated layout.
- Approved building plans, issuance of permits and beautification of roundabouts.
- Maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Construction, Maintenance of streetlight and heavy duty machines.
- Hiring and leasing out of machinery to public.
- Design and construction of storm water drainage in Jalingo and Local Government.
- House to house inspection central control and refuse disposal collection.
- Maintenance of township roads.
- Design and construction of roads.
Agencies Under the Ministry
The Ministry has no Agency.
The Honorable Commissioner
Hon. Saleh began his educational pursuit at Mafindi Primary School, Jalingo from 1990 – 1995 and later enrolled into Federal Science College, Sokoto in 1995. He later proceeded to ABU Zaria in 2010 and also Taraba state University in 2018. He is currently pursuing his Masters in Educational Administration and Planning at Taraba state University.
Hon. Saleh was awarded as the Most Outstanding Member of the State Assembly Northeast by Total Magazine in 2017.
His political appointments include;
- Member representing Jalingo II constituency TRHA 2015 – 2019.
- Commissioner for Urban Development Taraba state.
He likes reading, chatting and travelling.
The Permanent Secretary
Alhaji Usman Ahmed Madu, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development hails from Lau L.G.A of Taraba state and he is married with children. He likes reading and travelling.
Alh. Usman Ahmed began his educational pursuit at Donadda primary school in Lau local Government in 1979,where he enrolled into Government science secondary school, Jalingo in 1984, he proceeded to Ahmadu Bello university (ABU) Zaria between 1986-1987 and federal university of technology Yola from 1988-1991 and attended also Moddibo Adama university of technology Yola from 2010-2012 for a postgraduate studies.
• Member of Nigeria institute of management (NIM).
• Management workshop on development in June 2013.
|1.||Alhaji Shuaibu Ataka Shaukani||2014 - 2015|
|Hon. Hassan Bappa||2015 - 2019|
Past Permanent Secretaries
|S/N||Previous Permanent Secretaries||Duration|
|1.||Alhaji Usman Ahmen Madu||2017 - 2019|
|2.||Mr. Major Abba||-|