Muslim Pilgrim Welfare BoardClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page contains information about the Board, functions/achievements of the Board, Profile of the Executive Secretary and table showing the list of previous Executive Secretaries.
About the Board
The Muslim Welfare Board of Taraba State was an off-short of the defunct Gongola State Pilgrims Board established by edict No.2 of 7th May 1987 and since the creation of the State in August 1991, the Edict was not been amended by the government.
The function of the Board as spelt out by the Edict as stated below:
- To provide all intending pilgrims with relevant information regarding pilgrimage (Hajj).
- To assist intending pilgrims in procuring all traveling documents and any other immigration requirements.
- To make necessary arrangements for the transportation and accommodation of all pilgrims performing the pilgrimage.
- To do such things that may appear to be requisite or advantageous for the attainment of the objectives of the Edict.
DEPARTMENTS OF THE BOARD
The Board has four functional departments with each headed by a Head of Department (HOD);
- Administration Department – Alhaji Jibrim Kasim.
- Operation Department – Hajiya Sakinatu M.T. Liman.
- Welfare and Enlightenment Department -Malam Adamu Umar.
- Account Department – Alhaji Adamu Ahmed.
The major achievements recorded since 1992 to date are as follows;
- Maintaining the smooth collection of Hajj fare and remittance to the national Hajj commission scheduled.
- Standardized the registration of pilgrim’s visa processing and issuance of the passport on time.
- Successful distribution of uniforms, bags and BTA to intending pilgrims.
- Addressed Mahram effectively.
- Maintaining the well coordinated movement of the pilgrims both in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
- Selection of best airlines for the intended pilgrims of the State.
- Selection of best accommodation in both Mecca and Madina for the intending pilgrims.
- Securing a permanent site for the Board in 1996 and constructed an office block.
- Renovation of the office block and also constructed a new one in 2005.
- Renovation of two office blocks and contributed additional one in 2012.
- Allowing cargo airlines to participate transporting the goods of the pilgrims.
- Introduced the formation of operational committee for hitch free activities.
- Formation of desk officers at the zonal level for screening of pilgrims and easy documentation.
- Introduced feeding of pilgrims at Minna/Arafat and Mecca.
- Introduced Turaduddiyah committee which makes movement to Arafat easy and reduces lost of pilgrims.
- Introduced Jamrat committee, the body is charged to organize movements of pilgrims to and fro Jamrat sites to reduce congestion and lost of pilgrims.
- Renovation of three office blocks and fencing the premises of the Board Headquarters in 2014.
- Construction of mosque at the Board Headquarters by Alhaji Ibrahim Tumba.
- Renovation of the mosque in 2011 and 2014 respectively.
- Construction of warehouse at the Board Headquarters in 2014.
- Meeting target, in terms of seats allocation.
- Government sponsors rose from 22-300
- Using of e-passports instead of manual passports.
- Operational cost rose from eight million to about one hundred and eighty million Naira.
The Executive Secretary
Information coming soon.
List of Previous Chairmen
|1.||Alhaji Hamman'Adama Tukur||2011-date|
|2.||Alhaji Adamu Abubakar Sunkani||2003-2011
|3.||Alhaji Sulaiman Bello Danejo ||2000-2003|
|4.||Alhaji Yayaji Adamu (Galadiman Wanka)||1999-2000|
|5.||Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar (Sarkin Ayyuka) ||1994-1999|
|6.||Alhaji Ismai'll Muhammad Danburam. ||1991-1994|
List of Previous Executive Secretaries
|1.||Alhaji Umar Adamu Leme||16th July, 2015-date|
|2.||Malam Sadamu Lawan Bantaje ||2004-2010
|3.||Alhaji Hassan Abba Sale ||2000-2004|
|4.||Alhaji Yahaya Idris Masu ||1999-2000|
|5.||Alhaji Ibrahim Gambo ||1994-1999|
|6.||Alhaji Yusuf Imam Tukur||1991-1992|
|7.||Alhaji Gidado Muhammad Manga ||1992-1994