The Executive Governor of Taraba State, Dr. Agbu Kefas, has relaxed the 24-hour curfew in Karim town and its surroundings, following positive engagement with key players of the feuding communities in Karim Lamido LGA.
The curfew now takes effect from 6 pm to 6 am daily as a result of the dousing of tension in the area.
The curfew had to be eased by 12 hours as a result of the Governor noticing the positive outcome of further constructive engagement between the Wurkun and Karinjo community leaders.
Recall that Dr. Agbu Kefas convened an emergency meeting to resolve the crisis in Karim Lamido LGA with Security agencies and critical stakeholders on July 4, 2023, where significant decisions were made. The leaders subsequently traveled to their communities to inform their people of the resolution of the discussion.
This major restructuring of Ministries was contained in a press release signed by the Secretary to the Government of the State, Chief (Barr.) Gebon Timothy Kataps.
It states that the state government did the restructuring from the previous 25 ministries and has undertaken a thorough revision to align the ministries with the evolving needs of Taraba State and foster greater interdepartmental collaboration. The restructuring is expected to enhance coordination, promote effective governance, and ensure the seamless delivery of services to the people of Taraba. This strategic move aligns the state with international standards, facilitating sustainable development and improving the overall well-being of the residents.
Under the new structure, the ministries in Taraba State will be organized as follows:
1. Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
2. Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry
3. Ministry of Digital Economy and Innovation
4. Ministry of Education
5. Ministry of Energy and Economic Development
6. Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
7. Ministry of Finance, Budget and Economic Planning
8. Ministry of Heritage and Ecotourism
9. Ministry of Health
10. Ministry of Information and Reorientation
11. Ministry of Justice
12. Ministry of Poverty Alleviation
13. Ministry of Rural and Urban Development
14. Ministry of Science and Technology
15. Ministry of Special Duties and Social Services
16. Ministry of Social Justice and Reintegration
17. Ministry of Transportation Development
18. Ministry of Women Affairs and Child Development
19. Ministry of Water Management and Aquatic Affairs
20. Ministry of Works and Infrastructural Development
21. Ministry of Youths and Sports Development
Additionally, the following bureaus are now under the office of the Executive Governor:
State Planning Commission
Bureau for Local Government, Tradition, and Chieftaincy Affairs
Bureau for Land and Survey
Bureau for Solid Minerals
The Taraba State government calls on all ministries, federal government MDAs (Ministries, Departments, and Agencies), security agencies, and the general public to take note of these changes. The restructured ministries and bureaus are expected to work together towards achieving the state’s development goals and improving the lives of the people of the state even as it remains committed to providing efficient governance, promoting sustainable development, and ensuring the well-being of its citizens.
The Executive Governor of Taraba State, His Excellency Dr. Agbu Kefas held a productive meeting with the Heads of Local Government Administration (HOLGA) and directed their reassignment to their respective local governments of origin.
The SGS Chief (Barr.) GT Kataps and other government officials were present.
The outcome of the meeting generated an official document of the approved redeployment of all heads of local government councils who are currently overseeing the affairs of Local Government Councils in the state by the Governor.
This was contained in a press release signed by Babangida Hassan (Phd, FCNA), Permanent Secretary Bureau for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.
It states that the following heads of local government councils are all directed to go back to their respective Local Government of origin.
1. Rimamde Inbre Present station Wukari to Ussa Local Government.
2. Danlami J. Garba present station Bali to Donga Local Government
3. Modibbo A. Maihula present station Kurmi to Bali
4. Abubakar A. Serti present station Karim lamido to Gashaka.
5. Usman R. Rufai present station Lau to Gassol.
6. Ubangari Galadima present station Ibi to Jalingo.
7. Dalhatu Kawu Yusuf present station Sardauna to Ardo-Kola
8. John Sylvester present station Donga to Zing.
9. Ahmed Tanko Isa present station Zing to Lau.
10. Elizabeth Dan Azumi present station Yorro to Takum.
11. Tanko A. Sule present station Ardo Kola to Wukari.
12. Abdullahi J. Garba present station Ussa to Yorro.
13. Gambo Idris Sulaiman present station Gashaka to K/Lamido
14. Joseph Peter Diah present station Gassol to Sardauna.
15. Moses Maihankali present station Takum to Kurmi.
16. Isa Mohammad Idda present station Jalingo to Ibi.
That all handing/taking over formalities must be completed immediately with strict compliance.