College of Health Technology - TakumClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page contains information about the College, functions of the College, Profile of the Provost and table showing the list of previous Provosts of the College.
About the College
The Taraba state College of Health Technology Takum was established on the 1st November 1993 and is currently headed by Fred Kasimu Waya.
Functions of the College
The functions of the College include;
- Training of Medical Lab. Technicians.
- Training of chews/Jchews.
- Training of environmental health technology, Technician & assistants.
- Training of health information professional.
- Training of health Educationist/promoters.
- Training of health ND radiographers/imaging technics.
- Training of health food hygienists.
- Training of entrepreneurs.
Achievements of the College
The Achievements of the College include;
- Demarcation/Furnishing/Equipment of provost, office.
- Construction/Furnishing of two classroom block.
- Construction/Furnishing of HOD med. lab. office.
- Construction of four-chamber car park.
- Establishment 250 capacity CBT center.
- Renovation MDGs complex.
- Portioning of MDG Hall in to 6 offices.
- Renovation/Furnishing/Equipment of gen. lab.
- Renovation of Furniture in college.
- Sponsor of staff on workshop/seminar.
- Renovation of med.lab complex.
- Drilling of two boreholes.
- Construction VIP Littering in Female holster.
List of current leaders of the College include;
- Misa Kundi Kunini – Dep. Provost Admin.
- Larai E. Maihankali – Dep. Provost Academic.
- George S. Gem – Registrar.
- Marvin Ahima – Dep. Registrar.
- Philibus M.Gajera – Bursar.
- Danlami N. Azunkwe – Internal Auditor.
- Sale Mohammed – HOD Community Health.
- Habila L. Tswabkis – HOD Environment Health.
- Richard J Banya – HOD Med. Lab. Sci.
- Joshua Bainanja – HOD Health Info. Mgt.
- Munu Baba – HOD Radiography.
- Vincent Abiniki – HOD Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Fred began his educational pursuit at Ekas/Trans. Primary School, Baissa from 1974, where he enrolled into Government Secondary School Ganye from 1974-1979, he proceeded to School of Basic Studies ABU Zaria from 1986-1989, he proceeded to Novena University, Ogume, Delta State 2017-date.
• TCI Performance Improvement Plan, 15th October 2018
• NUICEF CORE Technical
List of Previous Provosts
Past Provosts - Health Tech. TakumPast Provost of the College are as listed in the Table below
|1.||Fred K. Waya||Feb. 2015 - Date.|
|2.||Paul T. Chufor ||Feb. 2007 - Feb. 2015.|
|3.||Shehu K. Stephen (late)||Jan. 2006 - Feb. 2015.
|4.||Samaila I. Istifanus||1st November 1993 - 31st Dec. 2005.|